Author Topic: Signs Of Ice!  (Read 3034 times)

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Signs Of Ice!
« on: Dec 05, 2004, 06:30 AM »
Yesterday morning I was out running errands, past by Ski Harbor in McHenry, the back of the cove was skimmed with ice (not close to being fishable at all!) as well as the drainage pond was skimmed. Most of the ponds in the county were skimmed over with ice. The weather tthis week is supposed to be mostly above freezing, but that ice is a good indication that the lake water temps, are hovering near freezing. It has also been pretty snow-free as well (very unsual for Garrett County) so far. If we can get some cold temps, and less snow, hopefully it will set things in motion to freeze good! Until next post FDC.......

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
Re: Signs Of Ice!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2004, 07:05 AM »
Sounds good FDC. Keep us posted.

icefishnfool

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2004, 10:30 PM »
looks like we are going to have some 18-19 degree nights next week ........ice soon ....maybe ;D

icefishnfool

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2004, 04:57 PM »
got to be getting closer ......fishdeepcreek , how about a update  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2004, 07:45 AM »
It got warmer after that post, all the skim is gone, however it has got very cold, and I am sitting at home off from work due to the snow. We finally got  significant snowfall, and temps have dropped. Hopefully thing will start to go in motion the next few days, will post as I see some changes.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Guys, I can't wait!   :clap: :thumbsup:  I'm goin' crazy thinkin' about it :wacko: :cookoo:
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline mr._freeze

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Birdbath was locked up pretty tight this morning.  ;D

walleyekiller

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Last evening I found myself sitting in the basement, staring at my shanty, rods and tip ups.  The wife walked in and said I looked like I was a little kid getting ready to go to Toy's R Us.  I've decided that the first trip of the season will be to the unfamiliar hard-waters of Deep Creek.

Can't wait to get there and meet some of you and pull a few out of the depths.

Don

Offline mr._freeze

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2004, 05:47 PM »
The 7 day is looking promising especially out in Garrett county. The ponds around Frederick are even skimmed. I'm thinking Deep Creek by New Years weekend??

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2004, 11:57 PM »
i'm pretty sure it's gonna be good next saturday.i'm goin there christmas day.can't wait any longer.  ;) ;)

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2004, 04:57 AM »
Were starting to get a skim coat in some areas, but not alot. It no way thick enough to walk on. The lake is still mostly open water for the most part. The last few days has made the skim coat. Today is supposed to be fairly warm close to 40, there saying however, Sunday, and the next few days is supposed to be VERY cold, the coldest air of the season thus yet with high temps in the low teens. Usally by now we have fishable ice,, this year is very slow to form. I would be pretty surprised if there is safe ice by Xmas, only time will tell. The ponds up here however are doing better, most are frozen all the way across, but still not thick enough to ice on yet. May end up fishing a farm pond if Deep Creek isnt locked up enough next week. I may drive around the lake (Deep Creek) and take a few pics later today if I get a chance.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.