Author Topic: Dead fish on ice, why?  (Read 4867 times)

HeavyChevy

Re: Dead fish on ice, why?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 04, 2005, 09:19 PM »
If im not mistaken here in michigan you can be fined for leaving fish on the ice. Mudpuppys also.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Hey trevor comma ca va mon amie.    Listen buddy I figure any guy that has a picture of a fish that is bigger then him is worth taking a shot at.     No harm man. I like to tease so it is always fun to get the odd shot thrown my way.    Take care man.

Ca va bien merci est vous?  T'is all in good fun ;D  Just didn't want anyone thinkin' those were my words :-[  May your lines be tight...always ;D ;)

Trevor

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2005, 09:42 AM »
I started ice fishing this year, coming from the desert state of Nevada. I love it . I recently went to Badger creek and saw hundreds of bluegills on the ice. I couldn't believe it. What a freakin waste!!! I did pick up about 10 that a guy had just left. Unbelievable though. They rate right up there with the deer poachers that take antlers and leave the meat. I dunno though guess you can't teach common sense.  >:(

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2005, 10:26 AM »
  Here in iowa blue gills can become over populated in a pond or lake. Takeing smaller gills out will leave more food for remaining gills to eat. In time gills will run bigger in size. I will throw back gills if they look like they are fat and healthy. The site of fish all over the ice is unsettleing

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2005, 10:14 PM »
at 13.99 a lb,ill send you all you want from the clear clean lakes of maine for5.99 and you can make the rest, ill be rich with all the perch we have here in maine that nobody wants and throwson the ice ,i bet ican get 50 lbs a day on some lakes,im ric im rich :thumbsup:
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2005, 10:53 PM »
This is NOT my point of veiw, but in michigan your limit is 25 gills, what if a guy catches 25 small ones and leaves them dead on the ice. Who are we to judge him, personally I think it's wasting

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 08, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Tommy, I'm from Michigan and I have no trouble judging anyone who throws 25 fish away on the ice. If he doesn't want them put them back. It's not just unethical it's illegal.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline RM fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 08, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I have been fishing for years. There are 3 small lakes that I fish a lot and one of them is full of small perch, 2-3 inches,. I never keep more than a limit but I never put any back. I try to put them in the river by the house or in the other two lakes. There is way too many of them. One of the other lakes has to many bluegils and they run small so I don't put them back either. I used to leave them on the ice but that was'nt good either. So now I try to put them in the river also. The last lake is pretty well balanced with pikeral, bass crappies and big gils. When you can find them it has some nice perch. I try not to keep the breeders out of that one. Does all of this make a difference? I hope so but even if it doesn't I don't leave them on the ice anymore.

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2005, 09:18 AM »
  RM I agree with what you are doing. In iowa it is illegal to put fish from one body of water into public waters. We do it anyway.

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 08, 2005, 07:03 PM »
bad judgement toothfish,shame on you ,there is a reason its illegal,you bait bucket bioligist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.