The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: WOW!! Great day!!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WOW!! Great day!!
« on: Feb 23, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Talk about the most perfect weather you could ask for in a good day of fishin!! Fishin for me was slow today, started out with cagetrapper and spartaman and my pard Todd  on logan, fishin was alright but nothin hot and heavy.  Then me and Todd packed up and headed south toward Gun lake area, had a GREAT time out there! Ended up with 45 due to a miscount and some REAL nice gills!  Hot jig of the day for me was a chartruese marmooska medium size, and as always the orange tungsten jigs were doing well!! But i had a great day! Great spending some time with some new ppl and long time fishin buds on the ice! Weather was perfect fishin was good!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: WOW!! Great day!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2008, 04:59 PM »
o u did good huh, all i got were those fish on logan, i ended up going to dean lake in northview- terrible.... then to camp lake in sparta- just as bad
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Yea we ended alright, fished our butt's off but we did alright!! GOt into some PIG gills down south!!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2008, 05:03 PM »
bigger than the one todd got at the first spot, cuz that thing was a tank

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2008, 05:06 PM »
That was a nice gill no doubt!!!! We caught one to match it on our second stop, the rest were a solid 7-9 inches

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2008, 05:09 PM »
not bad!.... i ended up gettin pisst because the fishin sucked everywhere so im just goin to catcha million specs tomorow again

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2008, 05:11 PM »
THink we're goin back to the same spot for some more gills! Good luck tomarrow!! Talk to ya later!

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I wish I could share yuor success today, but I ended up skunked with just one feeble bite. The weather was great, but the fishing was just fishing and not catching.
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Talk about a great day.. i have a cold and still went out and had fun. Did the best we've ever done on the lake we fished, caught 2 jumbo perch 1 after another :) Caught around 25 nice perch out there and had something messing around with the tip-up  ;D

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Had a great day again.  Had 7 guys in our group.  We all walked off with our limit of crappie.  Nothing huge...but good eater size.  Two pike made it on the ice.  31 in. and  a 25 in.  I had more fun with friends than anything.  The fish just happened to cooperate which made it even more enjoyable.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Looks like tomarrow is gonna be another good day weather wise!! Cant wait to get back out there!!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2008, 09:55 AM »
o u did good huh, all i got were those fish on logan, i ended up going to dean lake in northview- terrible.... then to camp lake in sparta- just as bad

where where you fishing, just off the launch? I did ok last time I was out for some medium sized Gills. I did catch a Nice 36" Pike out in the middle of the lake in the deep part, its just a hike to get there.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2008, 10:43 AM »
if ur talkin camp i went straight of the launch, couldnt mark nething so we went all the way to the other side where ppl fish, same story... it sucked! and by the way if ur lookin to go out in the middle, theres other ways to access the lake so its not a far walk at all

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2008, 02:14 PM »
no....sorry Dean...

Here is the map i was talking about

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Most of the lake is Panfish since its very shallow, thats the only Hole im aware of.....I plan on Getting a better topo of it for Depth next summer with my new fish finder/GPS combo Lowrance lms-520c   :)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Most of the lake is Panfish since its very shallow, thats the only Hole im aware of.....I plan on Getting a better topo of it for Depth next summer with my new fish finder/GPS combo Lowrance lms-520c   :)

nice thanx... we went on the other side of that first peninsula with no luck- but that other hole is definetly a far walk....

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Take the jeep will!!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:19 PM »
screw that lol- that lake suprisingly didnt have much ice- the least amount of ice ive been on since first ice

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Thats weird, i havent been on less than a foot of ice in 2 weeks.  Do u just sit on iceshanty all day waiting for a new reply to a post?? Ur pretty quick on the reply button!! LOL  dont blame ya, the more i get to know ppl the more im on the site also!!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:24 PM »
yeah actually yeah i dont do nething at all when im at work so im here all day

yeah there was about 5-6 inches in one spot we were on

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.