The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Higgins lake sport and tackle  (Read 1136 times)

Offline fisherman brian

• IceShanty Rookie
Higgins lake sport and tackle
« on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:29 AM »
does anybody know where this store is located? im headed up to higgins from down by lapeer and i was wondering where some good stores are up there. what do you catch the browns and bows on in higgins lake thanks alot

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Higgins lake sport and tackle
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:18 AM »
It is located roughly a mile north of the west DNR launch, where smeltville is usually located, I believe they are the nearest bait shop and will be glad to tell you whats Hot.
 I know a common bait is smelt.

Offline fisherman brian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:21 AM »
thanks alot do you know what that places phone number is or if they have a internet site thanks alot

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:25 AM »
thanks alot do you know what that places phone number is or if they have a internet site thanks alot

Here check this out

http://www.visithoughtonlake.com/fishhigginsmap.html

Offline fisherman brian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:37 AM »
thanks alot thats makes alot of stuff easier iv never been up ther before so thanks alot are those spots on that map accurate for catching the fish that it says

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:19 PM »
thanks alot thats makes alot of stuff easier iv never been up ther before so thanks alot are those spots on that map accurate for catching the fish that it says

Yeah they are pretty accurate but rite now Higgins is kinda slow so luck has more to do with it than any thing cause when I went up there this year and went to the places i normally go and kill the perch and their where none there and I know this because I use a camera. But one good peace of advise to you is don't stay in one place for long, if you are not catching any thing than chances are they aren't there. But you might get lucky and kill them so GOOD LUCK to ya.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.