The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: advice for taking out handicapped friends  (Read 841 times)

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
advice for taking out handicapped friends
« on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:50 AM »
is it o.k. to put up like a handicap flag to let others know there is a handicapper nearby ? i worry about all those snowmobiles.
icemama

Offline sledheadsx6

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cabin fever !!! i need to go fishin !
Re: advice for taking out handicapped friends
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:11 AM »
i dont see why not , better safe then sorry ! i think its good that your taking him out fishing i was handicapped for over a year when i broke myleft  femer and shattered my right hip i was in a wheel chair for 6 months and on crutchs for 9 months had to learn how to walk all over again year of phisical therapy after that i feel for people that are handicapped for life i dont know how they do it , i ended up with a ceramic hip replacement and rod/pins in my left leg , not much fun and i still cant walk perfect . good luck to you ! catch some fish !

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:23 AM »
i worry about snowmobiles myself, and i'm pretty spry.
i have no authority whith which to speak from, but i would say heck yes.
slow those sleds down when they are around people quietly enjoying passive recreation
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:59 AM »
i dont see why not , better safe then sorry ! i think its good that your taking him out fishing i was handicapped for over a year when i broke myleft  femer and shattered my right hip i was in a wheel chair for 6 months and on crutchs for 9 months had to learn how to walk all over again year of phisical therapy after that i feel for people that are handicapped for life i dont know how they do it , i ended up with a ceramic hip replacement and rod/pins in my left leg , not much fun and i still cant walk perfect . good luck to you ! catch some fish !
thank-you sled head
I've already got some ideas on how to make the poles and flags, pretty simple really i just need to find one of those old fashioned hand drills maybe to put a small hole in the ice to hold flags.
icemama

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:03 AM »
i worry about snowmobiles myself, and i'm pretty spry.
i have no authority whith which to speak from, but i would say heck yes.
slow those sleds down when they are around people quietly enjoying passive recreation

thanks sparky...a wheelchair is pretty noticeable , but I have a couple of new friends that are on prothesis limbs.  but hey it's sure nice to get out and fish right???

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I've noticed that when my friends bring me, they all bring ear plugs. I don't know what that's all about ...

:woot:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.