The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RE CAMERA  (Read 1893 times)

Offline flip69

• IceShanty Rookie
RE CAMERA
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:03 PM »
I'LL SECOND THE CAMERA. IT'S A GREAT TOOL.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: RE CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I'LL SECOND THE CAMERA. IT'S A GREAT TOOL.

I'll third the camera. I have used one for 3 years and I wouldnt give it up for a vex, but then again I want the vex too ;) .

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Glad you guys like yours. For me it is just a toy, one that I don't really care to play with. Would trade for a vex any day.

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:29 PM »
I got my camera before the vex, and before i really knew how to use it effectivly i hated it. Now i love the thing! I would take the vex over a camera if i could only have one though.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:07 PM »
I got my camera before the vex, and before i really knew how to use it effectivly i hated it. Now i love the thing! I would take the vex over a camera if i could only have one though.
I'm a hole jumper so I use my Vex most of the time.  As I have said before I really enjoy using the camera while fishing Perch in the flip over.

Offline icefisher69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:16 PM »
i've had my camera for 2 years and i love it.my brother has a small 12 volt tv and we can hook it up to my camera so we both can sit i differnt shantys and see whats going on down there!! if your a hole hopper the vex is best! we use my bro's vex to find the fish and then i set up my shanty and camera! if i get really bored out there i can also hook up a dvd or vcr to my camera and watch a movie!

Offline shortyonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I like to use both my camera and vex. It keeps my eight year old son interested alot longer.  I try to put the cam on his lure so he can see it and the fish taking his bait.  Plus you can see what is down there structure and fish type.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Especially for deep(ish) Perch. You can see full, long takes, that even a very sensitive spring bobber won't even notice.

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:20 PM »
I guess that I just don't like seeing them stroll right on past my bait, and I know it happens to all of us not just me. When it happens I tend to think that for some reason it is the camera so I usually pull it up, never makes a difference though. Sometimes no matter what you put in front of them they just won't take it, kinda frustating especially when you can see them mosey on by. I have seen a lot of interesting things though. I don't hate the camera just wish I'd spent the money on a flasher.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Definetly need a flasher first. Runs nearly 100% of the time, camera 10%, if it goes at all. Is nice to simply stick it down a hole on the flats and just look around and see what's home, or to, maybe, move move yourself closer to the weeds, a trough, etc. Just a fine tuning tool. Don't think it scares them at all, almost seems to attract them most times. A big Pike going by, close to the lens will make you flinch a bit.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Definetly need a flasher first. Runs nearly 100% of the time, camera 10%, if it goes at all. Is nice to simply stick it down a hole on the flats and just look around and see what's home, or to, maybe, move move yourself closer to the weeds, a trough, etc. Just a fine tuning tool. Don't think it scares them at all, almost seems to attract them most times. A big Pike going by, close to the lens will make you flinch a bit.

I have had a one for three years now and it will scare some of the small fish some of the times but as far as fish over 10" they don't care and like you said most of the fish over 20" like the camera. I can't believe that you only use it 10% of the time that's nuts. I will say that I don't have a flasher but as soon as I get one both the camera and the flasher will be used 100% of the time I say this because the camera used to be allot to have to move around but now that I have had it for three years I can say that it is very simple to set up and take down once you get the hang of it. I would say I only spend about 3 minutes getting it completely set up and about 2 minutes packing it away to move to a diffrent spot and O yeah that is in 60fow. I will gladly give up 5 minutes of fishing for four hours of great fishing with the camera. ;)

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:42 AM »
I'm a hole jumper ... 

I think this is why the women won't leave this poor guy alone !!!

:unsure:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:59 AM »
10% of the time is nuts? Agree it's simple and quick to set up, still only see it as a fine tuning tool shallow. Sight fishing is quicker and easy in a run and gun situation. If the weather/ice permits and I am after Perch it's down and on all the time with the flasher possibly not used at all. Belly on the bottom and ultra light suck in hits are so much easier to see than detect. Name of the game is catching fish, and am doing fine this way.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I think this is why the women won't leave this poor guy alone !!!

:unsure:
NBG
  You know you need to spend some time before moving on. The catch is better that way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.