The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull Lake ice condition 2-7-08  (Read 1605 times)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gull Lake ice condition 2-7-08
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:42 PM »
  As of 7:15 p.m. at the north end....(prairieville township boat launch) there was 3 inches of slush and snow and 6 inches of ice.  I walked out in my leather work boots to check ice....I weigh 250 pds....no ice cracking close to shore.  One guy fishing about 300 yds out.  You all have the info.  you make the decision to fish or not. ;)
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline bcar1023

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gull Lake ice condition 2-7-08
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:19 PM »
  As of 7:15 p.m. at the north end....(prairieville township boat launch) there was 3 inches of slush and snow and 6 inches of ice.  I walked out in my leather work boots to check ice....I weigh 250 pds....no ice cracking close to shore.  One guy fishing about 300 yds out.  You all have the info.  you make the decision to fish or not. ;)

Thanks Reality!!  Sounds to me like it is time for some smelt fishin!!!!!
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him again!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:35 PM »
That's what I am talking about.......Friday night guys????  ice shanty meeting Gull Lake...smelt??? anyone in??

Offline bcar1023

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:24 AM »
That's what I am talking about.......Friday night guys????  ice shanty meeting Gull Lake...smelt??? anyone in??

I'm in and will be the guy in all cammo (probably one of a few I would assume).  I imagine that I'll be out around 8 or 8:30.  Gotta put the kid to bed first.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you'll never see him again!!

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:30 AM »

I too would like to make an appearance (Camo as well), you guy's parking at the boat launch?

Offline luckyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Ill be out there also, me and swambuckster are gonna smack the smelt in the a$$ tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:42 PM »
Woah, ok, I just plan on catching them and eating them. You can do what ever you want to do with your catch, however.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline bcar1023

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2008, 01:50 PM »

I too would like to make an appearance (Camo as well), you guy's parking at the boat launch?

Yep, I'll be parking at the Prarieville launch and going out from there around 8 - 8:30. 

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:26 PM »
i was all set and ready to go but my stupid friends are talking about how the smelt werent ready yet.... and i would be dissapointed if i drove all the way down there to catch a dozen smelt.... but once i hear a few good reports ill be down there!!!
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:26 AM »
Alright guys .....swampbuckster, realitycheck and luckyfish all went out today and fished.....and caught more than a dozen smelt...sooooo were was everybody else?  I am not going to tell the story of how much we caught etc.  I will let swampbuckster tell that story.  But the first ice shanty members meeting took place on Gull Lake....and we had pretty good time. :laugh:

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:53 PM »
i was all set and ready to go but my stupid friends are talking about how the smelt werent ready yet.... and i would be dissapointed if i drove all the way down there to catch a dozen smelt.... but once i hear a few good reports ill be down there!!!
Well, I would have to say your friends are wrong. They're hitting, maybe not in super strong numbers, but we still had a good time. Didn't get back until 3'ish in the morning, roads were a little white on the way home. Like to get back out there and do it again  a couple of weekends from now. Nice meeting you finally too, RC, good times, good times.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2008, 01:22 PM »
probably most lakes are good to go with at least 5-6 inches of ice.  many lakes, if not all have this 3-4 inches of slop on top.  will stay cold all next week and should have 7-8 inches of ice by next weekend for sure.  also 15 day forecast is looking really good for an extended ice season.  just ordered more spikes from vados bait company.  should be here mid next week.
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Swampbuckster and luckyfish I had a good time.  I appreciate the company fishing.  And don't forget to remember

Equalizer treestands

Is the !@#$%^& you are taking worth the !@#$%^& you are geting!

If anyone one wants to know,  swampbuckster and luckyfish tell only the truth ...especially when fishing. :o

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:25 AM »
 :roflmao: Yep, we folks from out here in the East tell only the truth and nothing but. No b.s.'n when it comes to fishing, we are what you call SeRiOuS anglers. hahaha.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.