The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Need Coldwater Lake Info  (Read 1035 times)

Offline zman

• IceShanty Rookie
Need Coldwater Lake Info
« on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:14 PM »
My son and I are going to try and fish Coldwater on Sunday. How much rain are you guys getting up there? How much ice did you have before the rain? Any info much appreciated. zman

Offline pverhoff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • retired guy who loves fishin
Re: Need Coldwater Lake Info
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:55 AM »

Don't know condition of ice on Coldwater but there is the Tip Up Ice Carnival in Quincy, Mich Sat and Sun.  If you don't get to ice fish at least check out the ice carnival.  The list of events is on the web page for  discovermichigan.com under the calendar for Coldwater.
The Big Bobber

Offline zman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Thanks for the info. We may have to check it out if we can't get on the lake. zman

Offline kesascove

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:19 AM »
There are plenty of lakes in the area that are great to get out on.Coldwater lake is just to open unless we have sub temps and no wind for at least a week.Marble where the tip up is should be good.I fish Randall almost every day and its been a great year.If your on a 4 wheeler it will be tough getting off the shoreline till sunday unless you find a spot the north east wind didnt hit. good luck  kesascove

Offline Mike M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:58 AM »
zman,i go through churubusco on my way to and from work every weekday.i work in columbia city, well i put my time in anyway.any how i have fished randall lake, as kesacove posted it can be a good lake to fish although i (we) have yet to make there this season.but hope to soon if the ice holds up. me and my fishing partner have fished a few lakes trying to find a good fishing spot as not to wear out our welcome at randall lake. we have found some nice gills at crane marsh in Freemont Indiana in 4-6 ft of water,long lake in Reading michigain nice gills, perch and crappie in 24 ft of water.these 2 were about the best we found so far.not sure about the ice conditions this weekend,if its safe we will out some where.GOOD LUCK were ever you decide to go and be SAFE!!!!.
Mike M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.