Author Topic: 2016 4th Annual Iceshanty GTG, Thanks to everyone that came. Great Time!!  (Read 7394 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
I will be there in the morning - but NOT without breakfast at the HUB first.  I find it to be an abomination to go ice fishing without breakfast.   ;D

I don't own any FRS radios, so I guess I'll just have to wing it.  I do have a snowmobile and assume I should be able to see and find the island in the light of day as I don't expect to be there much before 7:30.  I may have one other person with me, but me for sure.

And Geezer, we're just going to have to disagree about who is the good looking one there.   ;)
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will bring a few beverages as well coke/waters ect. Driving home with the kids so NO adult beverages for me.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Sounds good Bob we'll see you up there. Shouldn't be to hard to spot our  group.  Some times thats how it goes matt, on that note I'm riding shot gun this trip. Better get the flask filled and packed in the bucket  ;)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I will be there in the morning - but NOT without breakfast at the HUB first.  I find it to be an abomination to go ice fishing without breakfast.   ;D

I don't own any FRS radios, so I guess I'll just have to wing it.  I do have a snowmobile and assume I should be able to see and find the island in the light of day as I don't expect to be there much before 7:30.  I may have one other person with me, but me for sure.

And Geezer, we're just going to have to disagree about who is the good looking one there.   ;)

What Time will you be there Bob? Ryan and I might join you if that's OK. We will plan on being there around 6 o'clock or just a little while after that. I want to give Matt plenty of time to find the fish for me. ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2016 4th Annual Iceshanty GTG in Utah, Everyones welcome
« Reply #64 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:18 PM »
GTG is getting close and we are planning on some hot dogs ,hot cocoa , and coffee. If I could get a count of people planning to attend it would help. Especially need a count of the kids ,we will have special goodies for them.
Thanks...Geezer
Hey Glenn, if it's not too late just wanted to let you know we will have two kids with us. They will be coming later in the morning.  Thanks, Joe

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
I'll find them for you joe and this is how its done

Enjoy breakfast, I'm turning in for the night to be up bright and early. See everyone tomorrow  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Heading out, everyone drive safe. See you on the ice  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
All packed ready to go ! I Need more coffee......drive safe everyone!!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2016 4th Annual Iceshanty GTG in Utah, Everyones welcome
« Reply #68 on: Feb 27, 2016, 05:36 AM »
Hey Glenn, if it's not too late just wanted to let you know we will have two kids with us. They will be coming later in the morning.  Thanks, Joe

Should not be a problem Joe ! Bring them on!
Gale

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
Having trouble getting the little princess up and going... I hope to be there closer to 9:30 if any of you are still watching this.

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
What a amazing day. It was great seeing everyone and meeting other members.  Thanks to everyone who put together this years gathering and those that made my boys day with his very own ice setup. Always a great crowd to be around. Thank you again. .

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
^^^I'll second that! Today was awesome and thanks for all the help everyone gave!  My daughter hasn't stopped talking about the HUGE fish she caught! I'll get some pics up soon.  Thanks again, that was incredible!

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
WOW!!! You guys know how to throw on a party. Big thanks to Muskyon  and Geezer gone wild. You guys are excellent hosts. The catching could have been a little better but man was the bull ****tin good. Love you guys.  My son and My friend had an excellent time as well. That little Gabby stole my heart. It was nice to see and meet everybody. I'm glad the slush monster didn't rear his head any taller. Here's a couple of pic's from the drawings. Thanks till we do it again. Looks like I figured out how to put nice pictures on with out the grain. Yipee Yahoo !!!!!!

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thank you Musky, Geezer and HappyHeber you guys are all right. Me and the kids had fun. It was nice to meet friendly fellow anglers and have an enjoyable day on the ice. BIG THANKS to all that donated time, money, effort to make the get together. Thanks Matt

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
wow what day thanks musky and geezer for all you guys did and it was great meeting all of you crazy ice men and ladys can not wait to get back out there with all of you again and once again thanks  :clap: :clap:

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
My son and I had a great day at the Berry yesterday, it was nice to put faces to the names and also chatting with several people I haven't seen for a few years. I would like to thank everyone that helped put this event on and Sportsman's Warehouse for donating prizes. I would especially like to thank "Geezer gone wild" for the hot dogs and hot chocolate and for the pole holders he built and donated for prizes, I was proud to take one home and I am eager to use it on my next fishing trip. Thanks again Muskyon46 for holding this event I'm looking forward to the next GTG.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Great time on the ice and what a way to close out my hard water year. I really want to give Geezergonewild a HUGE thanks for doing so much for our Utah Iceshanty crew & kids. Those rod holders were top notch. I knew they would go 1st in that draw as soon as he showed them to me. The kids bags were also awesome, Provo Sportsmans warehouse once again put a big smile on all those little faces. Thank you. I would also like to thank the owner of Iceshanty for kicking down some good swag for the site and lure packs.  And last but not least a big thanks to everyone that made it out. This site is what we make it and I could not be happier to be a part of it. I will get some pics up after I spend a little time resizing on photobucket, they are all uploaded. Geezer you can email me as many pics as you like, probably not all in one email though  ;D

Your welcome everyone

Matt
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks again Matt, and no worries on the kid photo contest--makes perfect sense. Either way, it is a fun picture of my little girl, and I have you guys to thank for making those memories with her!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wow! What great turn out love to see all those kids out fishing and having fun with their dads. Guy's hang on to these day's because they go by so fast. A case in point HappyHeber , I haven't seen Ben in probably 10 or12 years. He has grow into quite the young man . It was  good to visit with him. Can't say enough about Muskyon for putting this together, thank you! Man wereally had a spread , if you went home hungry you just didn't try hard enough. Thanks to Musky,liv2hunt, dobob, Happy Heber and others for chipping in. I completely forgot about drinks other than hot chocolate and coffee but liv2hunt saved the day ,thank you. If you get a chance stop into Sportsmans Warehouse and say hi to Eric , and look for the kids pictures on the bragging board. Eric has really been great sponsoring the kids picture contest for the last two years. It was also great of the Shanty owner to provide some goodies to pass out. I think that this get together will get bigger each year wherever we hold it. As Musky said this was a great way to close out the hard water year. Thanks again to all that came out for a great day. Oh and Dobob, maybe next year we can get these guys to vote on who is the best looking. Your Purdy but I'm purdyer. Sorry for any mis spelling , this spell checker is kicking my carcass.
Geezer

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
The kid and I were so bummed we couldn't make it up to the GTG! Looks like the group had a great time.  As a newbie to the shanty this year, it has been great to get to know everyone and I've really appreciated all the advice and tips. This is a great group and I'm glad I joined. Looking forward to the meeting more of you in person between now and the GTG next year.  Tight lines.....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Tux_Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey I just joined the Shanty.. I will stop being a creepy "lurker". Hey we had a wonderful time on Saturday. Big thanks to the organizers ,myself and my girls had a good time. I had to negotiate with youngest to take off her hat when she goes to school. Awesome memories, I am excited to get out again.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
To bad you couldn't make it HardH20fishin, next year for sure. Good to see you signed up tuxhunter,  look forward to getting on the ice with you next season. I finally got some pics resized so here they are. Most are just some random shots I was taking while I was out and about. Most of the best shots are the ones geezer sent me from the drawing

This is how its done on the warm days

to get warmed up for this one

A couple good ones of the fish happyheber put johnycake and his daughter in to, with the 1st berry kiss

Then the best part with the big grins on the kiddos and the draw

More pics to come, post em up if anybody else has some
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 Better late than never! Finally getting around to make a post on the get together. Had a great time! Good to see so many familiar faces and also meet some new ones too. It was great to see the kids so excited to win their prizes.  Those rod holders were truly a work of art. I was crossing my fingers during the drawing to earn one, but no such luck. The salt pack that I did win has been great, used it just the other day on some tater tot's.  You guys are a great bunch! My life has been enriched by knowing you over the last few years. Thank you, Joe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.