Author Topic: Get together 1-23/1-25 at the gorge  (Read 8881 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Get together 1-23/1-25 at the gorge
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2014, 04:49 PM »
not at all like I said we will be going up there on the 9th to 11th of Jan so we will know after that weekend where we are going to camp

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #31 on: Dec 21, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Hey sinker, we make a scouting trip every year to get a good idea where we want to put the trailers once we see where the ice is. Best case scenario, we have a few areas we've used where the fishing is close enough to the trailers that we can walk back and forth. Worst case scenario, we have to put the trailers in one area and drive trucks & atv's/utv's to where we fish. Obviously we like to fish close to where we lay our heads for the night but until we can get up there for a look we wont know. We always try and pick a spot that can accommodate multiple trailers for sure.  Once we get an area pinned down we will let whomever's in know and I will get a map put together. I have a few signs that I can put out also but they tend to get messed with. If you plan on making multiple trips and don't want to haul the trailer back and forth every time Buckboard marina has a fenced storage for a small fee compared to the fuel you would burn. I think that's what we may do in between the scouting trip and the bash
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:43 AM »
Can't wait!  I hope I can partake in the scout trip, but I have some wrenches in the gears that might make it difficult.  Not too long now though, should be rocking out with our ice gear out!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Great , if I can I will make the recon trip and motel it. Then pull the camp up for the bash, less chance of freezing up. Please keep me posted. Thanks

Offline hooffish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:37 AM »
Muskyon46 I am out for the scouting trip.  I gotta get that OT on the 9th.  Let us know how it looks.  Thanks for the invite.
FISHING TIME!!!!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2014, 07:58 AM »
Muskyon46 I am out for the scouting trip.  I gotta get that OT on the 9th.  Let us know how it looks.  Thanks for the invite.

OT that's what I am doing that weekend on the ice  :icefish:  ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2014, 02:02 PM »
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OT on the hard deck  :woot: :woot: sorry to hear you canr make it hoof

Just seen a pic on bft and there is ice in the lost dog area  :thumbsup: but is not safe from the way it looks. The pic was taken from above on RD 11 staight across from lost dog. I really hope those temps drop and that stuff thickens right up in the next 17 days  :bow: :bow:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline hooffish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2014, 02:06 PM »
I new I was going to get some crap when I wrote that.  I am just hoping you guys have ice.
FISHING TIME!!!!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2015, 12:33 PM »
Well myself and muskyon are heading up there this weekend to see how far the ice is. I can not wait to get out of here

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Big X2 on that, its going to take forever for friday to get here. If anyone is going up this weekend and would like to know where we're heading shoot me a PM or post up here and I can PM you a map. From what I'm seeing on the wyo R&C board there is good ice to the confluence. Buckboard and big bend are capped also but haven't got a ice depth yet. Last I seen there was 2in at buckboard 3 days ago
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Please if you wouldnt mind PMin or posting on here. Not sure where I am wanting to go this year. I am leaning more towards firehole, but that could change. I would love to go up that way but I need to start saving for the trip.
GOT ICE?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:32 PM »
I sure will randal when i get home, the map I have is on photobucket and it does not load to well on my work computer  :-\ Where we stay this weekend might differ from where we go for the tourney though. I will have all that out on here as the tourney weekend gets closer
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2015, 04:20 PM »
Thank you Sir, i really appreciate it. Just trying to figure out where to go so I can get a motel. Does anyone know what is the shortest distance to the lake green river or rock springs? Or what you all prefer.

Thanks
GOT ICE?

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Muskyon, I am planning to try and meet up with you guys for the recon trip this weekend. I have reserved a room in Manila. What do you think will be the best way to meet up?
Thanks

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:43 PM »
PM's sent guys. Hey prospector I sent you one also
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 06, 2015, 03:57 AM »
Thank you Sir, i really appreciate it. Just trying to figure out where to go so I can get a motel. Does anyone know what is the shortest distance to the lake green river or rock springs? Or what you all prefer.

Thanks

When I'm taking my family we stay at the Hampton in Green River. It is a bit out of the way.. but the rooms are huge, and cheap (last year was around $60 a night). They have awesome food, no need to drive thru, breakfast, lunch and dinner. My kids get a heated pool, which is all they look forward to in mid January. The hotel has the huge luggage trolleys which work great for hauling in gear to the room. It is something worth looking in to if your going with the lady folk, keeps 'em happy. I have 4 in my house! :-\

Here's a few pics from last year. You can see the size of the rooms. All the crap fits with room to spare!

You can see my kids hoarde the waffles, the rooms have fridges for cold beverages,  and microwaves for heating dinner at 4 a.m. when you come crashing in after a long night of fishing. LUXE!

And if you stay in Green River, you just hit the hwy (530) out of town and you have the whole west side of the lake to explore.

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:16 AM »
Thanks Ton_Def, I will be looking into that. I have made my mind up and going to stay in Green River again. Just need a better hotel then last years, I thought it was fine anyways ::).
GOT ICE?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Thanks for the info on a some rooms Ton_def, are you going to make it up therer this weekend or for the tourney?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Thanks for the info on a some rooms Ton_def, are you going to make it up therer this weekend or for the tourney?

I can't make my mind up, a Gorge trip would be awesome,  but I make it to Evanston and that's it. Just like the old man who walks down the boat ramp, stops a few feet out on the ice, and is perfectly happy there all day.  I think the warm weather this season is giving me the ice blues. I just don't have the desire to get out much this year at all.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2015, 02:23 PM »
I hear you man I was feeling the same way till I finally got that Henrys trip in and even a bit after. This has been the warmest winter  :( Let me know if you decide to head up there or anywhere. I'll see if i can hook up with you
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Ton_Def, thanks for the motel info. Wow! Four ladies in one house , Either you are a lucky man or need a sympathy card. Lol

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Was able to get a room at the Hampton their rate is $ 89+ per night for a single. Thanks again for the info Ton_Def.

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:14 AM »
Ton_Def, thanks for the motel info. Wow! Four ladies in one house , Either you are a lucky man or need a sympathy card. Lol

A lifetime supply of earplugs would be great!  ;D

Was able to get a room at the Hampton their rate is $ 89+ per night for a single. Thanks again for the info Ton_Def.

No problem!  Enjoy the spoils!

Offline carsonc1974

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:24 PM »
My brother in law and I are thinking about heading up there for the first time.. Never been to the Gorge and never fished for Burbot.  Would it be a total waste of our time for our firsttime to  try at the Bash?

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 07, 2015, 04:39 PM »
My brother in law and I are thinking about heading up there for the first time.. Never been to the Gorge and never fished for Burbot.  Would it be a total waste of our time for our firsttime to  try at the Bash?
In no way a waste of time. Burbot have become one of my favorite fish to catch. plenty of guys Here willing to help if you need anything. See you there!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:01 PM »
5th wheels hooked up, gears loaded & the wheeler's on the trailer. I think I might need to take a sleeping pill to fall asleep tonight. 5am is going to take forever to get here. Report from yesterday has 7-8in of ice around lost dog so we should be good to go  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:12 PM »
Lucky!  I have to wait for one more week.  Good luck guys, and have fun!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:29 PM »
5th wheels hooked up, gears loaded & the wheeler's on the trailer. I think I might need to take a sleeping pill to fall asleep tonight. 5am is going to take forever to get here. Report from yesterday has 7-8in of ice around lost dog so we should be good to go  :thumbsup:
You guys drive safe and I will do the same. Lucky me, I only have to wait until 3 am to start heading south.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:33 PM »

o ya I do not know if I can take it maybe I will just sleep in my truck ;D

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Wife said we sound like a bunch of giddy girls getting ready for the prom. So I asked her what was her point ?
Everybody drive safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.