Author Topic: Mantua report & lets take a vet fishing  (Read 851 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Mantua report & lets take a vet fishing
« on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:34 PM »
I went to Mantua yesterday in search of some pan fish.  We launched the quad & sleds and got on the ice about 8:30 and found 2 others already out there.  We stopped by both for a chat and neither was exactly tearing them up.  We set up just south of the knoll and didn’t find them.  We moved a little further east and pulled out 1 perch apiece.  We had noticed that 4 or 5 others had come out from the south road and they all seemed to be drifting west towards the middle.  We joined them about 11:30.  STILL nothing.

Finally, we moved back to the west side just off the outlet break in the dike and tried 4 more drillings.  Nada; zip; zero.  Cried ‘Uncle’ at 2:30 and left.

There were absolutely no problems bringing the quad on or off the ice at the boat launch.  The ice was over 8 inches in all locations we drilled.  Temps were 20’s when we got there and 30’s when we left.

Now, while I’ve got your attention, I’d like to ask y’all to lend your support again this year in taking some veterans fishing.  I have been involved with this event in the past and I’m looking to make it happen again this year.  Only this year, I’m involved with an official national charity organization that is dedicated to helping our troops enjoy the outdoors.  The name of the organization is Hunters Helping Soldiers.  There is a new Chapter in Utah and I’m helping them with the goal of making the veteran fishing event in August happen again this year.

I’ve already made one post asking for help in another forum on this site but have only gotten a couple of responses.  More folks read this forum, so I’m hoping to reach more of the past volunteers through this post.  If you were a Team Leader or volunteer in the past for the DAV Fishing Event and can do so again this year, please, please, please; contact me at your earliest convenience.  If you already have, thank you.

We are already behind a little in getting this started for this year, so I really need to hear from you soon.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.