Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607332 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19680 on: May 23, 2020, 06:01 PM »
IFF hope you and the Mrs are OK.
The Rona's no joke. :'(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19681 on: May 23, 2020, 09:08 PM »
Good evening weather guessers were correct I did see rain this morning and part of the afternoon before the Sun came out for a couple of hours.
IFF sorry to hear about your wife prayer said for both of you.
Ice Wanderer I agree with Wallyworld folks will still have their Memorial Day celebrations just think some will not be happy with the cost of certain items. Nice of your wife to finish the lawn mowing for you.
Wallyworld nice to see you caught a couple of brown trout the last few days was nice weather to be outside. Thank you for the photos.
Hunts2long hope the beaver is not causing any damage to your neighbor's properties and his dam building does not cause flooding problems.
Tomturkey looks like it might be mid June before my section of NY. see restrictions lifted.
Old Goat may all the coming rain not cause any problems.
Drifter hope your health is improving sure has been a tough couple of months for you.

Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19682 on: May 24, 2020, 04:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 48* and clear, another nice day ahead. :clap: :thumbsup:
                           I just want to say 4 days ago it was 6 years ago that Raquettedacker started this thread, thank you Dom! :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
                           Bud........I hope it's something other than Covid 19, good luck to you both. :flex:
                           Wally......Nice looking fish, I'm glad it wasn't skunk day. :thumbsup:
                           H2L.......I'm sure the animal kingdom has a time schedule, just no clock involved. :whistle:
                           Steve.....The rain stayed south of us, it got a little cloudy for a bit but they moved out, it was a beautiful day here. :clap:
                           Marv......I hope the girls are enjoying a 3 day weekend away from the computers. :thumbsup:
                           Tom.......I go old school with the mower, it's not self propelled, I got to push it, keeps me in shape. :flex:
                           Yesterday my wife and I went to #2 sons in-laws for dinner, we hadn't seen them since January all precautions were taken.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19683 on: May 24, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad you were able to get out for dinner  :clap:  sad that we can't feel comfortable visiting family/friends  :(

IFF.....hoping MrsIFF is feeling better today :)

MrC....seeing lots of pics of large groups of people at beaches and on the water locally with no distancing/precautions observed    :blink:  hope it doesn't get us locked down again  :-\

H2L....beautiful pic, thanks for sharing  ;)

TT......glad your grandson's wedding is in an area that's opened  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS.....fingers crossed you see some sunshine today  ;)2

Got our chores at home caught up yesterday, bike ride on the agenda today  :clap: :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19684 on: May 24, 2020, 06:45 AM »
60* and a slight breeze.

IFF, thoughts are with your wife. Hope she is feeling better today.

Haven't seen any damage from the beaver. There is a small creek about 200 feet South and I have seen it in that area. Pretty sure it is a bank beaver as there is no place for a house.

Plans got changed yesterday, Lindsay and Rocky came up and we set up the screen house so the wife can set outside and no have to worry about the bugs or the sun. When Lindsay came by the launch she said there had to be at least 10 waiting just to get into the launch area. Last night about 7 I rode by and there had to be 20 boats just waiting to get to the dock.

Our power was off for about 2 hours last evening due to a tree on the power lines.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19685 on: May 24, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

We are in the s-I-l's new Buick heading to the shack, time to check the camera card, I am sure it's filled.

Mr.clean you had asked about fishing the other day. I stayed home and tinkered with my shed. The s-i-l had a good day on the water. She fished for 5 hours and got zip. She decided to try one last spot and caught 20+ fish.

Yesterday we had rain off and on so it was an indoor day. The girls watched movies and I watched some UFC fights.

WW hope you have a good day on the trike.

IW both are taking advantage of time away from the "Office".

Bud thoughts and prayers for your wife. We will be in your back yard in 50 some day's.

Dave prayers your way also. Enough is enough  for what you have gone through.

Time to get off the phone. I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19686 on: May 24, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Spring is finally here in the North country.

Got under the hood of my rig today and replaced a few parts that didn't take kindly to driving through a foot of water for way too many miles on the last trips out to the cabin. She's runs like a top again and the transmission is shifting like butter again. :)

Hope y'all have a great long weekend and don't act like the millennial's in Toronto.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bylaw-officers-downtown-party-trinity-bellwoods-1.5582399

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19687 on: May 24, 2020, 06:19 PM »
Drifter glad your seeing a little warm up.  And so sad to see those out and about like that.  **censored**....and I do mean **censored**.  To me its a slap in the face.  I ware a mask at work, not that I think it will protect me, but if I had the roan, at least give them a chance of not getting it from me.  I call out today and good thing, Mrs needed help even to get dressed and not able to get on her feet without help.  The pains in her back, even kept her from eating much.  That alone is not good with the other conditions she has to put up with.  I find my strength waning a bit as well, but able to hold my own.

Getting a good much needed rain now, and temp drop, has me turning the heat back on.  Will have to watch and see if any crawlers get out and about.  ;D  Will be off till Thursday, if she improves any might be able to visit the lake for an hour or two while she gets a nap.

News was just telling about a vet, that had lots of action in the Pacific, only to get cut down with the rona virus.  So sad.

God bless all, stay safe.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19688 on: May 24, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Good evening nice Spring day with high in the mid. seventies. I took advantage of the weather and made the drive to western part of my county visited the cemetery one of my fishing mentors and buddies is buried at he was a WWII veteran so put flowers on his grave in honor of his service and Memorial day. This cemetery lies on the outskirts of a village I have to travel down the village's main street to get there a little strange to see so few people out on the street. Usually in this weather and on the weekend  village would be crowded with people plenty of restaurants and shops on the main street.
Ice Wanderer good you could finally get together with Son #2"s in-laws.
Wallyworld how was the bike ride very nice day for it. I saw similar activity on today's trip my area of NY. is still under restrictions hope we do not see Covid-19 numbers rise.
Hunts2long good that the beaver has caused no damage it is interesting to see the chewed tree stumps ,lodges and dams.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the time at your shack. Glad your SIL finally connected with some fish. How does the shed look after your tinkering.
Drifter good to see you are getting warmer weather. Happy you felt good enough to work on your vehicle. Your photo makes one wonder what is going through some folks minds.
IFF I know many people are leery of hospitals right now but if need take your wife to one before things get worse.

May all who are ill get better soon. Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19689 on: May 25, 2020, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        Happy Memorial Day everyone, it sure will be a different one.
                        It's 51* and clear here on my hill,almost sounds like a broken record, it's great to have it. ::)
                        Steve........What a good thing to do at your friends grave. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                        Bud...........I hope your wife gets better soon. :flex:
                        Dave.........I know that it isn't an excuse but the same is happening all over, people are fed up with the Covid thing and just want
               feel normal again. :whistle:
                       Wally.........How was the bike ride, did you stop for ice cream? ???
                       Marv..........How is it up at "The Shack" ???
                       Eddie.........I hope all is well with you and your family.
                       Yesterday I had my wife help me get the garden tiller started, I tilled the garden, Jon is coming up on Wednesday with some left over plants
              from his garden to plant.
                       Not much going on today, just resting my hand, I've noticed if I do to much it throbs.
                       I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19690 on: May 25, 2020, 05:09 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone  :bow:

Happy Memorial day everyone!

IW easy does it with the hand :nono:

WW how was the ice cream :whistle:

Mr.clean very nice of you to visit and decorate your friends grave :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eddie thoughts and prayers continue for you and your entire family, especially your Mom.

The shack was good except the bugs have returned and so have the woodticks. I think I had 5 but the s-i-l had about 12.

We had a bear knock our camera goofy the day after we put it out. We had 112 videos of a busy mouse scurrying day and night for two weeks straight  :cookoo: at least the camera wasn't wrecked.

Hope everyone has as good of a day as possible  :thumbsup: stay safe and healthy. Please remember all those that helped make this day possible and this Country what it is.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19691 on: May 25, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Memorial Day....thank you to all that serve/served and especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom  :bow: :bow: :bow:

IW......good idea to give your hand a rest, don't want to mess up the healing  :nono:

MrC.....nice of you to place flowers on your friend's grave  :thumbsup: 

WS....hope you had a nice trip to the shack and found everything in good shape there  ;)2

IFF.....thoughts and prayers to you and MrsIFF, hope you both feel better soon  :)

H2L....kudos on the screen house  :clap:  black flies have been brutal so far this spring  >:(

Drifter.....lots of pictures like that lately  :wacko:

Put 365 miles on the bike yesterday, headed IW's way to Lake George, LOTS of people wandering the streets, beaches AND shops  :cookoo: kept right on riding thru there headed up towards RaquetteDacker's neck of the woods thru Indian Lake, Blue Mt, Inlet and Old Forge all pretty quiet with people social distancing and most places still closed   :thumbsup:  Stopped for ice cream at a place that didn't have many people around  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19692 on: May 25, 2020, 06:44 AM »
53* this morning. Maybe a shower late morning.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.

Drifter glad to Spring has arrived to the North.

IFF, don't over do and get ill yourself.

IW, I had enough of a problem running the tiller with two good hands. I haven't used mine in a couple years.

WW, glad you had a nice ride. Last night I went to the local spot to get ice cream and there had to be 40 bikes in the parking lot so will try this evening.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19693 on: May 25, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Got the flag out, checked the rain gauge, 1" when I checked the radar last night most of the storm had moved into Nebraska, heading Marv's way.  Looked kind of mean, but think its broken up some.  Yeah Marv you want to get a camera wrecked,  :nono: call a bear.

Feel like I better shift into neutral, and get in a nap if I can, before Mrs wakes.

check in later.

Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19694 on: May 25, 2020, 09:00 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19695 on: May 25, 2020, 12:55 PM »

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19696 on: May 25, 2020, 10:18 PM »
Good evening may everyone have spent this Memorial best that you could at this time. Mixture of sun and clouds here today thought I was going to see some rain this morning. Memorial day weekend is when the NCAA lacrosse championships are held thankfully ESPNU is broadcasting the championship games from 2014-2019 today so it feels slightly normal as I try to watch the championship game each if my work schedule permits. thank you for all the nice comments about my placing flowers on friends grave to my knowledge this gentleman has no family in my area last I knew his daughter and her family lived in Vermont.
Ice Wander nice of Jon to give you his left over plants. Be careful when working don't need to re-injure the hand before the skin graft surgery.
Whopper Stopper good to hear all was good at the "Shack" . May all of you have found and removed the ticks before they bit. To bad all you had on the game camera was footage of a mouse glad the camera survived the bear's attack.
Wallyworld the two of you certainly put many miles on the bike yesterday nice way to take in the scenery of the Adirondack's region of NY. Maybe next time you can arrange to meet Ice Wanderer or Raquettedacker.
Hunts2long hope you and the wife got to spend some time in the screen house today enjoying the Spring weather. I'm still waiting to get my first ice cream from one of the local places every time I pass by one there is a crowd. Also a couple have chosen not to open for business to date.
IFF may your wife be doing better healthwise can the two of you get tested for the virus this week.
OldSailor thank you for the Memorial day tribute.
Eddie may all be good with your mom,you and the family.
Capt.Jim,UFCreel,SpitzoMT,Tomturkey and Icefisher-45 may all of you and your families be Covid-19 free and handling this pandemic and it's challenges the best you can.

I was wrong in my prediction the Mid Hudson region of NY. will start phase one of business reopening tomorrow.
Best of health to all and good fishing.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19697 on: May 26, 2020, 04:31 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 60* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Wally........That was alot of miles you and Mr. WW put on the bike, it sure was a nice day for it. :thumbsup:
                              H2l...........I bet the screen house lets you and the Mrs. enjoy being out with out the black flies. :flex:
                              Bud..........I hope your wife is feeling better. :unsure:
                              OS...........How are the raised beds doing? ???
                              Marv.........I guess the office will be open today so why don't you go fishing. :flex:
                              Tom..........How is everything doing in your area.
                              Eddie........I'm hoping everything is well with you and your family. :thumbsup:
                              Steve.......Enjoy the championship play. :clap:
                              Headed to Albany this morning to get my test for my surgery.
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19698 on: May 26, 2020, 05:11 AM »
58* and hazy. Going to get HOT. Not ready for that.
Mr. C, I watched a little of those games yesterday. Just got into watching LAX a couple years ago.
IW, really the bugs haven't been all that bad this year, so far. We will see after this warm weather. Because of the meds that the wife takes she can't be in the sun all that much so she spends most of the time in the screen house. Good luck on the trip to Albany.
The cook out went well yesterday. I was going to go fishing today but thought I would give the lake a day to calm down. Also not sure how I would handle the first day of HOT weather.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19699 on: May 26, 2020, 06:42 AM »
Quick post before I head over to work on the other house for the rest of the week. It was pretty quiet around here over the week end. There were a lot of cars at cottages Sunday but they were gone on Memorial Day. I hope every one had a good Memorial Day.

I need to give my self a hair cut before I go over so the heat is not so much of a problem. I have cut my own hair for years. No sense in paying what a barber gets for 6 minutes of work. The wife finishes it up. Her hair is getting  pretty bushy. I keep telling her to ask her hair dresser that lives behind us if she does house calls.

They arrested a long time barber and took his license away in the SE part of the state for being open. That sparked a hair cutting protest at the capital. That man was there cutting hair.

They were not going to put flags on the graves at Fort Custer Military cemetery. A man aske for help  putting the thousands of flags he had bought. He ended up  getting thousands more flags donated plus a lot of help to get the flags put out.

ww That sounds like a long bike ride. At least you found a place to get some ice cream! When our local ice cream shop opened up the customers were sitting on the ground enjoying their ice cream. They had to take the table away from the store.

IW Good luck on the test for your surgery. Be careful so they do not have to cancel your surgery.

Here is a good one. Our governor has a cottage in the area that she opened up. One guy stores and launches and retrieves most of the boats on the lake. He posted on face book, that the wife's niece saw it as she went to school with the guy. The governors husband demanded the guy put his boat in ahead of all of those line in front of him. The guy told him he was behind because of the governors banning of using boats with motors. The guy told him he is at the end of the list because he did not call earlier.

Every ine have a good week. See ya all when I get back.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19700 on: May 26, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Got warm and humid enough that I had to come in and put the A/C on because of my COPD!! My tomatoes are planted and got everything watered before I called it quits!! I'm loving the raised beds for ease of working on them!! No more kneeling and then struggling to get back up!! I'll post pics once my wife and I get the area finished up. We've got bags of soil and mulch staged all over and we work on it when we can!!  :thumbsup: I saw my cardiologist last week and my EKG has changed, and not for the better either! We're keeping an eye on things and we'll see if medication or surgery is called for!! Getting old ain't for sissies!!! We're hoping the weather cooperates because Thursday is my daughter's and my Lake Erie trip!! Stay well and STFAH!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19701 on: May 26, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....sorry to hear the ekg wasn't so great  :(  fingers crossed the weather is decent for your Lake Erie trip, don't forget the pics  ;)2 :thumbsup:

TT.....have a good week at your other place, don't overdo it  :nono:  all the ice cream stands here are also table free now  :-\

IW.....good luck with today's test  :)

H2L.....glad the cookout went well  :thumbsup:  imagine it will be a HOT one on the water today, not to mention the bugs  :o

WS.....what projects do have going this week  ???

IFF.....hoping you and MrsIFF are doing ok today  ;) 

MrC....guess watching past games is better than not having any to watch  :unsure:  looks like pro sports will slowly start up again soon  :clap:

Not much on tap here, after yesterday's rain the temperature and humidity spiked, not much cool down until the weekend  @) 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19702 on: May 26, 2020, 10:23 AM »
TT anything that can be done to screw over your ignorant governor is OK by me. ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19703 on: May 26, 2020, 06:14 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

80 degrees with storms heading our way.

I spent a part of the day giving a neighbor a hand unloading some sod ??? He asked if I knew anything about sod work and I told him "Yeah the guys that lay it make good money" He said they would be able to handle it.

WW I have a few things that I want to get done. First is the little shed which every time I get set up to work on it I get interrupted, just like today  ;D I also want to give the house another pressure washing, and a couple smaller things on the list.

OS don't over do it in the heat. I hope everything comes together for the trip :thumbsup:

IW One of these days I am going to spend some time in the boat. Weather dependent I may go out on Thursday morning for awhile.

mr.clean no pictures to share of the shed yet, hopefully before the summer is over ;D

Hope everyone is doing the best they can :thumbsup:  Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19704 on: May 26, 2020, 08:14 PM »
WS, I know one cardinal rule for laying sod ---- GREEN SIDE UP!!!!! :woot: :flex: :thumbsup: ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19705 on: May 26, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Good evening felt like a Summer day with dew point around sixty and a high in the low eighties.
Ice Wanderer hope the testing went well and your on track for the surgery.
Hunts2long nice that you have the screen house so your wife can get outside and be protected from the sun light.
Tomturkey may you complete the roof by this weekend. Glad people responded and flags were placed at veterans graves.
Whopper Stopper may the sod take and your neighbor's yard grow. Hopefully you can knock off the items on your list without to many more interruptions.
OldSailor  pace your self when working in the garden during warmer and more humid days. May the trip with you daughter take place safe travel and good fishing to both of you.
Wallyworld  it was nice to see some lacrosse enjoyed watching the 2018 championship game between Yale and Duke. A young man from my area was a member of Yale's team which won the championship that year.

Have a good night. May all dealing with health issues see improvement.
 Steve

Online Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19706 on: May 27, 2020, 12:12 AM »
Good early Morning ER's well went back thinking the crappies would still be there biting. I only met that striped cat again. Not one damn nibble. Hope everybody has a great day.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19707 on: May 27, 2020, 04:10 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake  :clap:  Hope the striped kitty that greeted OG doesn't pay us a visit too  :nono: :blink:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19708 on: May 27, 2020, 04:39 AM »

Good morning WW,ER's.
                        It's 63*  and clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Wally........Have a good day ut on the lake. :clap:
                        Marv.........You're a good man to help the neighbor, watering the sod is the most important thing after it is down. :flex:
                        Tom..........Good luck working at the other house. :thumbsup:
                        Steve........This weather seems like August weather to me. :o
                        All I can about the Covid test, it is very uncomfortable, I think the tech scratched my brain.lol :roflmao:
                        Jon, my fishing buddy is coming up this morning and is planting my wife's garden.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19709 on: May 27, 2020, 05:18 AM »
63* and getting ready for the lake. Maybe it will be cooler out there today...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.