Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608430 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19650 on: May 19, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Spent the morning repairing the landing gear on the boat trailer, the crank sheared its pin.  Found a 10P nail was just the right size to replace it.  Will have to check on what is binding it up.  Threads on the shaft must be getting rusty. Hate the thought of having to buy a new one.

Good idea on the buckets for the patio plants.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Might employ some myself, and if threat of hail whisk them into the garage.  And later when there is a threat of frost, I like prolonged growing season  ;D

For some reason the Ash and Honey Locust trees are really struggling to put leaves on, not only at my place but in the neighborhood as well.  Must have been the last late freeze.

H2L yeah seems like there is always one of "those" Guy's or Gal's at the launch.  See two gals trying to back in, and almost jumped out and give her directions that she needed, but figured just to let her get in some practice  ::)
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19651 on: May 19, 2020, 10:05 PM »
Good evening ,OldSailor good thinking to put a couple inches of stone in your raised beds to improve drainage. Did your tomato plants arrive in good shape today.
ActiveTrapChecker thank you for providing another source for free or low cost plastic buckets. Please feel free to join in the 9:45 thread always from for another person.
Rebels good looking plants. Hope all is well with you. Did you find out if Rochester will have some form of Greek Festival this year.
IFF nice that you found a cheap trick for your trailer maybe a dose of penetrating oil with free up the crank. Just an idea for anyone who decides to grow plants in buckets maybe build and put the buckets on some type of dolly to make moving them easier when cold or rain/thunder storms are forecast. A used yard/garden cart or children's wagon with holes drilled for drainage would also work if you have the space in your garden or on porch,deck,etc.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19652 on: May 20, 2020, 04:09 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out in a few  :clap: :clap:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19653 on: May 20, 2020, 05:11 AM »
43* and it is going to be sunny.
 ActiveTrapChecker, feel free to check-in anytime. Do you fish the "soft" water?
Rebelss, those are good looking plants. I may just have to try one or two this year.
IW, I am sure you are becoming a pretty good "southpaw" by now.
WW, looks like you have a nice day to be on the water.
The boat is out in the yard, I have worms, jigs, watch out walleyes. I have a beaver that swims past the house every morning and evening. You can almost set your clock by it. Once it awhile it does have a branch in its mouth. Pretty sure it is going up a small creek just below the house.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19654 on: May 20, 2020, 05:15 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                          It's 44* and clear with another warm day ahead. ::)
                          Wally.......I knew with the nice weather forecast you and Mr.WW would be heading out, have a good day. :flex: :thumbsup:
                          Bud........I have that problem with my jack on my trailer, you can take the guts out of it wire brush the threads and grease the
                  whole inside, it will be almost like new. :flex:
                          Tom........I saw on  y home page a few dams had failed in Michigan, I hope none were by you. :unsure:
                          Mark.......Nice looking plant, good use of some 5 gallon pails. :thumbsup: :clap:
                          OS..........Good drainage is a plus, you don't want standing water in your beds. :flex:
                          Marv.......Maybe you weather is good enough to get some fishing time in? ???
                          Eddie......Continued prayers at the nursing home. :thumbsup:
                          H2L........I'm getting there but still a long way to go with the left hand. Go drown those worms.
                          Dr.'s appointment this morning and tomorrow I  have a tele-conference call with Albany Med for surgery next week.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at home, or out on the water. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #19655 on: May 20, 2020, 06:15 AM »
Morning all, 56* and headed for the sunny 70's today. Jeff, take care if that hand! Good luck at the Doc! mr.clean and  hunts2long, what really grew great in the buckets was peppers, all kinds. I think they love how hot it gets on the deck in the sun. I drilled  a  circle of 7/16" holes in bottom of buckets, cut a circle of screen to fit bottom, then poured an inch of sand on top of that.
Nice when a storm comes, and the plants are drooping with peppers, you can just move them under the eaves.
No word on the Greekfest yet, Steve. Holding out hope for it. That's the only thing that has not been cancelled. All the county fairs and even the 4th of July have been cancelled here.  :%$#!:

Have a good day all, and stay well!

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19656 on: May 20, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Jeff, yup, that's my plan to get it all cleaned up. 

Hit 92 here yesterday, and now bracing for a windy day.

Rebelss nice looking plants,
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19657 on: May 20, 2020, 07:30 AM »
IW  It sounds like down town Midland will be under a few feet of water shortly. The wife's EX son in law lives near Sanford where the other dam break is at. I do not know his address so I do not know if he is effected like I care.

When we crossed the Grand River yesterday it was high but I have seen it a lot higher with a normal spring break up and snow melt. Many feet higher. The major flooding is west of there where people have built on the low lands right next to the river. The wife's grand fathers house was on of them back in the 40's up stream of GR. Her dad and grand father raised the house and put it on stilts before her dad left for WWll.

Almost every thing is canceled in Michigan way into the fall. My oldest son wanted  to put steel on the rest of the roof this week end. No way do I want to be around there this week end with all of the idiots coming to the dunes that are closed so they will be tearing up the country side with their orv's which are illegal to run on the roads. If the camp grounds are still closed they will be camping on private property they do not have permission to be on.

Rebless I used to plant my peppers in old tires as they would hold the heat through the night. Peppers love the heat.

IW Hopefully the teleconference goes well. Is the surgery on your damaged hand?

Time to get breakfast. Then off to decorate the wife's families graves.

Every one have a great day.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19658 on: May 20, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Hey all.
Still battling this crud thing.
Been over 4 months now.  :%$#!:
Have had lots of tests and Dr's appointments.
Seems it's messed up my blood chemistry among other things.
I had an an appointment with an internist today and voiced my concern that all this may be due to the Rona.
He agreed, even though it started early in the pandemic. He believes I picked it up in Ontario or my cruise through 'Merica.
I have never been tested for it but it's most likely out of my system by now and the only test that can confirm is an antibody test which aren't available in the Northwest Territories yet. He has me on the list to get it as soon as it's available.
The doc's have me on a pile of prescriptions and are lining up more tests. Will have to fly out to Edmonton for one of them at some point in the future. The internist says he should be able to have me all back to normal in 3-6 months.

Got good news today that the Rona has been eradicated from dad's long term care facility.
His TV is all hooked up and running, but I think the lock down has been hard on the old fella.
At least he cheers up when I call so that's good.

Still working from home and will be for the foreseeable future.
Even after my coworkers go back to the office I will be able to continue working from home because of my health issues (that I didn't have just a few short months ago)
Once the ice goes out I guess I'll have to move my office to the cabin for the summer.  :whistle:

2020 has been a real treat so far.  ::)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19659 on: May 20, 2020, 07:28 PM »
You sure are having your health problems this year!! It'll be great if you can work from the cabin this summer!! I sure hope you can get some cabin work in while working from home!! :whistle: :thumbsup: ;)2 :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19660 on: May 20, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Went in for a 4 hr stent in fishing, learned the Head in Firearms, tried to spool and older Eagle Claw reel and destroyed the spool, cost the store a new reel  ::) :o :whistle:  Still seeing a lot of new to fishing shoppers.  The Rod/Reel combo's display is now only about 1/5th of what it was 3 days ago.  Fishing line has been reduced to 1/10th.  And no word when any replacement will arrive.

On way home see a couple thunder heads building up, heads up Marv, think they might be heading your way

Dave sounds like what you have went threw here last year.

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19661 on: May 20, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Reel that crew in Bud. Drifter glad pop is doing  better wishing you the best your anti bodies might help someone besides you. Wishing you the best. Office on the lake - sounds like you could use it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19662 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34 PM »
Good evening,(early morning in the Eastern time zone) bust Wednesday for me my nephew's college graduation so trip to NJ. to help celebrate since no formal ceremony (Hopefully in October) . My sister purchased a steak package from Kansas City Steak Company (boneless strip 16 oz. before cooking) very good nice to spend a couple hours with all of them not just a few minutes. They recently replaced one of their TV's so I now have a new to me TV took some time put I got it working  with my cable system.
wallyworld hope you had a good day fishing.
Hunts2long best to you today may you come home with some walleyes.
Ice Wanderer did you get a good report at the doctors. May the teleconference go well today.
Rebelss good looking peppers enjoy them. Looks like the Greek festival one church holds annually in my county is canceled for this year.
IFF think people are looking for an activity to get their minds off of Covid-19 fishing also gives them a chance to get some food.
Tomturkey may the flooding not cause to much damage last thing anyone needs to deal with at this time.
Drifter sorry to hear you are still dealing with Illness may all the test lead doctors to a program to get you back in good health. great news about your father's facility.

Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19663 on: May 21, 2020, 04:52 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....best wishes for a complete recovery in the near future  ;)

TT.....saw pics of the flooding on the news  :o :o   thoughts and prayers to all

IW.....hope the doc was happy  ;D

Eddie...see the capitol region is starting up again, hope you've been called back to work    :flex:

MrC.....glad you had a nice visit after all this time  :clap:

H2L.....good luck today  ;)2

Could not find the fish yesterday only the striped kitty  :'(  going to try looking for some eyes today for the first time this season  @)  hopefully they aren't as elusive as the browns/salmon were  :-\

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19664 on: May 21, 2020, 05:26 AM »
 :               

Good morning Steve, WW, ER's,
                             It's 44* the sun is rising, the sky is clear a nice day is on. ::)
                             Steve........I'm glad you got to spend more time with your family. :clap:
                             Wally.........I hope today is a better one. :flex:
                             Dave.........I hope all goes well with your health problems. :thumbsup:
                             H2l...........Have a good day if you're heading out. :thumbsup:
                             Bud..........Some people should leave things to the ones that knows what to do. :o
                             Tom.........Yes the surgery is a skin graff on my injured hand. :whistle:
                             My Dr. was was pleased on how everything looks on my hand, teleconference today between 11:30 to 12:30 and next Tuesady
                  I have a Covid 19 test, oh boy!
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out in the open air. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19665 on: May 21, 2020, 06:05 AM »
A cool 40* this morning. Boat is hooked up but not in any real hurry to get out there.
TT, I also saw some of the news coming out your state. Hope all is well.
IW, good news on the hand.
Drifter, glad to hear things are getting better with your father. One less thing you have to worry about. Work from "cabin office" sounds like good meds for you.
Mr. C, have to catch before I keep. If I do catch I may keep a couple for the couple down the road.
WW, hope "we" find some walleyes today. Good Luck.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19666 on: May 21, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here with a high in the low seventies.
Tomturkey also saw a news report and some photos of Midland,MI. prayer said for all those affected by the dam failures. I also see parts of Virginia and North-South Carolina have flooding.
Wallyworld may the fish be more cooperating on your next trip.Ice Wanderer good to read the doctor is happy with how your hand is healing . Hope the teleconference went well and once you have the test may it show you as Covid-19 free.
Hunts2long were you all to find the walleyes and get them to bite your offerings.
OldSailor thank you for today's joke.

May everyone be healthy or on the mend.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19667 on: May 22, 2020, 03:52 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope you had a better day than us, 1 perch landed not another bite all day  :%$#!: 

Heading out again to give it one last shot before the weekend crews hit the lakes  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19668 on: May 22, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

59 with a foggy drizzle here this morning. It is supposed to get into the 70's today.

WW Best of luck to you and Mr WW, 3X a charm :thumbsup:

IW Glad to read the Dr. visit went well :thumbsup: Is your pretty nurse taking good care of you?

Eddie continued prayers for your entire family, I hope all is well at the nursing home.

The last couple of days have been hectic here. Yesterday was mowing day which I still have the trimming to do once the grass dries some.

My s-i-l went to 2 different lakes fishing yesterday and all she got was back. She wanted me to go today but I have too much going on maybe next week.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19669 on: May 22, 2020, 05:50 AM »

Good morning WW, Marv,
                           It's 52* and clear. Another nice day is in store. ::)
                           Wally........Good luck out there today. :flex:
                           Marv.........Lawns can wait go fishing, I know you want to get caught up on the chores. :thumbsup:
                           H2L..........Were you able to locate some fish? ???
                           The teleconference call was my pre op interview, everything is set for next Thursday.
                           The house guest leave this morning.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19670 on: May 22, 2020, 06:03 AM »
49* and sunny.
WW, I had a pretty good day over all. Had to really work for them, but being the first trip I didn't give up. Eight hits and 5 fish in the boat. 16 to 18 1/2 inches. Never marked a fish that I caught. They were tight to the bottom and wanted the jig right in their face. Water temp was 57* early and warmed to 62*. Never more than one fish caught on one spot. Just kept moving around. Lake got pretty busy in the afternoon, this weekend is going to be a ZOO. Hope you have a better day today. I will wait until Tuesday to go again.
Have to get the Jeep inspected this morning.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19671 on: May 22, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Got invite to the home lake, started out slow, one eye, and a gizzard shad decided to eat a blade.  That was it from 7 to 10, I suggested a different area/depth, game on, I caught 6 and one being a legal one, tossed it back, Captain 0. He says what am I doing wrong ?  suggested a deeper depth.  Again game on ended with 12 legal sized ones out of 50.  We ran out of crawlers.  Kept 5 out of the 12.  Captain caught 2 of the legal sized ones.  Fun day for sure.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19672 on: May 22, 2020, 09:43 PM »
Good evening another pleasant day here weather wise believe tomorrow I might see some rain the nice for rest of holiday weekend. Store should see good numbers of people shopping so they can celebrate Memorial Day. I'm sure many will not like the limited selection and higher prices for meat especially beef.
Wallyworld may today's fishing trip been the best one of this week.
Ice Wanderer hope you In-Laws had a safe trip home. Is everything set for next week's surgery.
Whopper Stopper did you work at home or join your SIL fishing. May she have found the fish more cooperative today.
Hunts2long glad you were able to track down some walleyes.
IFF congratulations to you and the captain sounds like you had a great time once you figured out the fishing pattern.
Eddie hope all is good with you and the family and all reports from your mom's nursing home are positive ones.
OldSailor have you gotten the tomato plants in your raised beds or is the soil to damp.
Icefisher-45 may it have been a good week for you and your wife .
Drifter hope you are doing better and seeing some improvement. May all be good with your dad.
Capt.Jim,UFCreel,SpitzoMT and any others I've missed may all be good with you and your families.

Have a good Memorial day weekend enjoy it the best you can at this time.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19673 on: May 23, 2020, 04:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 60* and mostly clear here on my hill, up here very little chance of rain. ::)
                           Steve.........I went to the Meat store of the North in Warrensburg to get subs for dinner and the place was packed with people
                  buying meat for the weekend, I don't think they cared about prices. :blink:
                           Bud...........I'm glad you and Captain O got into the eyes, hopefully he marked the water depth so he can return. :flex:
                           H2l............I'm glad you were able to  :clap:ort, may you and Mr. WW have had a good day. :thumbsup:
                           Marv.........I hope you got your chores done so you can enjoy the weekend.  :flex:
                           I-45          May things be good with you and your wife. :thumbsup:
                           Eddie........I hope all is well on the home front. :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
                           Yesterday after the M I L  left my wife went shopping for plants for the window boxes she puts out every year. While she was
                 putting her boxes together, I mowed my front lawn for the first time this year, mowing one handed, left hand was quite a chore for me.
                 I was going to finish today but my wife went out and finished it for me. She's the BEST.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19674 on: May 23, 2020, 05:26 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......congrats on a great outing  :thumbsup: :bow: :flex:

H2L.....glad you were able to shake a few loose  :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:  found the same thing on Oneida, they were glued to the bottom with super glue  ::)

WS.....just a reminder, you're retired, the chores will wait for you, go have some fun sir  :whistle: ;)2 :woot:

IW.....good to hear all is on schedule with the hand  :clap: :thumbsup:

MrC.....think people will pay whatever price necessary to have a "normal" holiday including the traditional bbq foods  ;) 

Eddie/Drifter.....hope all is good with the nursing homes and your Mom/Dad are both continuing to stay covid free  :)

Another beautiful day to be out yesterday  @)   too bad the fish weren't feeling playful  :pinch:  went from 15' to 150' in 7 hrs , managed 2 browns    :-\ 

time to catch up around here and let the "weekend people" have the lakes  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19675 on: May 23, 2020, 06:45 AM »
60* and a few clouds.
WW, a very nice brown.
Not much planned for today.

The beaver made it's morning swim by.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19676 on: May 23, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Another warm day forecast. Chances of rain through out the week end. The toon is still setting in the yard. I would not take it from the dock any way with the lake being a zoo this week end.

IFF That is a lot of eyes. It is good your suggestion to go to different depths made the difference. They used to plant some eyes in our lake but do not anymore as the might eat one of their precious lM bass. Green striped carp  to me.

IW I hope your mower is self propelled. Mine is. I put a lose fitting zip tie on it so it could be slid over the motor control so it would keep running. Then I only had to work the self propel handle.

WW Two browns is better than the striped kitty. I have not heard about how the fishing is going on Lake Michigan lately.

H2l It is good you got into some fish. Shows that persistence paid off. Is that beaver doing any cutting down of trees in peoples yards? I have some beaver castor that I could send you that would get the beaver into a trap if it needs to go. The smell of anther beaver  get  the beaver stirred up a so they will come to the smell and into a trap.

We are headed to another two weeks of shut down until mid June. The governmess opened up where my grandson's wedding is so it can go on. That is where her cottage is so that figures. I do not lok for any  more of the state being opened up as long as she can keep us in lock up.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19677 on: May 23, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Kind of a scary evening, Mrs called me at work, saying she needed help, afraid to even try to go down the stairs to get things out of the garage freezer. was not feeling well, all the simptoms of covid-19, left work early, found her laying on the floor unable to get up on her own power.  Knowing one can pass on that virus 4 days before they even have any simptons, she now thinks she might have picked it up on her last weekly visit to the clinic for her blood draws.  Now that we have a free testing sight set up not far away, will do the drive threw and get a test.

Almost missed that I am on the work schedule for today and Sunday.  so will see what develops when she is up.

stay safe all.

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19678 on: May 23, 2020, 09:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's warmer with rains coming into today and the next 3 days. Nice catches on the board here to those who have had hooked up. Bud best wishes and prayers to you and Mrs. IFF as well as all 9:45 crew.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19679 on: May 23, 2020, 05:11 PM »
IFF.....how scary!!! Thoughts and prayers to you and MrsIFF, May you both be safe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.