Author Topic: Perch lovers  (Read 7018 times)

JerkinJumboPerch

Perch lovers
« on: Nov 26, 2002, 04:59 AM »
Let's get something going here! Does any one make their own ice lures?

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Perch lovers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2002, 06:54 AM »
No,dont have the time,to busy fishing. But if I could get my
wife do it, that would be great. ;D  see ya cooley   :'(
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline crappie_attitude

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta' have more cowbell
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2002, 11:42 AM »
I just buy unpainted jigheads in bulk from Cabelas and paint them myself.  Sometimes I will dress the jig with some flashabou, but I don't think it matters.  Perch will eat just about anything you stick in front of their noses.

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2002, 01:23 PM »
I make lead heads in the 1/2 ounce and bigger sizes for salt water and have been looking at the smaller size molds, but, haven't found a place to buy any variations( like stand up or flat head) in smaller sizes. Have toyed with the idea of making my own molds, as soon as they make days 30 plus hours.

Offline JT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Fish Hunt Tattoo
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2002, 02:29 PM »
Not really but I modify one way or another most of the lures,baits or hooks. I repaint alot of them but let's not start
on the musky bait thing.This is a an ice
fishing board! Got a heavy 47 last year on a tip-up in 30ft.
of water on 10lb walleye fishing though. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
myspace.com/tat2byjt

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2002, 02:56 PM »
i tie my own flies to use on perch fly rigs, otherwise, the most mods that i do, is to change hooks on spoons.

Flippenstick

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2003, 08:52 AM »
  :'(    I have a hobby of making my own lures and jigs and leaving my imagination unwind. I go ice fishing on the Sandusky Bay a lake erie contributarie and fish above natural springs the fishing is great and every lure and jig i have made has outperformed most modern fishing methods out there limiting out in no time. My favorite jig is a grub i tie on a #2 lazer sharp eagleclaw or mustad hook wrapping the top part of the hook with red flambou and the other half in white flambou finishing up taking clear finger nail polish and just coating the red about 3 coats and then when the jig is done i take and put a black dot on the head representing a grub tied to a line with a homeade gold eggsinker above about a foot and then tip it with waxworms or a minnow head or follow it up with a chartreuse glow in the dark bead 1 inch above jig between the eggsinker. I found most of my tackle creations have been a sucess. Good Luck. Flippenstick. http://URL

billmwhite

jack spoons
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2003, 11:05 AM »
hello fellow ice fishermen.  does anyone know anything about jack spoons?  i would like to get some. does anyone have any addresses or phone number on the maker of jack spoons?  i live in michgan near mt clemens.  i heard the jack spoons were good for perch ice fishing.  any info would be appreciated.

any report from lake simcoe?

bill white

Offline buck4dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing is life the rest is just details
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2003, 08:04 AM »
yes i make ice lures/flies out of turkey feather and whitetail
fur and yes they do catch some fish. I love to troll with one in the prop wash just after ice out.I paint the eyes of the hooks
diffterent colors and also use glow in the dark paint as well.

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2003, 04:46 PM »
If i made or modified my own lures then I would cut into my favorite hobby. My hobby is buying more fishing tackle then I ever would need ::) You outta see my brother in laws basement workshop......he has about 5 tackle boxes full of stuff I never had time to use LMBO ;D :'( :'( :'(

RSQCAL

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2003, 04:49 AM »
We make our own beetle spins for fishing walleye and we make spoons for use on the big lake trooling.  :'( :'(

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2003, 12:11 PM »
perch are the best bait for large pike

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2003, 06:51 AM »
waterwolf, keep your pike near your holes.....lol :P

Offline perchnfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2003, 06:43 PM »
Hi ,guys don't make my own jigs to lazy :P  I just splurge on the jammin jigs or custom jigs & spins web sites check them out but beware they're addicting  in fact i'm headn there now  ;D to do a lil shopping     later  Chuck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.