Author Topic: "Bluegill Bite Was On"  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"Bluegill Bite Was On"
« on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Heard we we're gonna be gettin some snow,so we decided to get one good last boat trip in.These fish have been sticking around this one area for damn near a week now,these last 5 days we have flat spanked they're butt's,I won't say how many we got,but its in the Hundreds for sure,I guess they are stocking they're freezers now,water tempature was right at 39 degree's,and the bite was consistent all day,heres a few pictures from today..... ;)

This was our evening view
Heres Smitty on one
Heres Brawler with a pig
Myself with one of ten crappies we got
Here's Smitty
wanna have some fun????Fish with these two guys for 8 hours,I had a blast fellows,nothing like catching big gills in Feburary.....

Jimmy Lang

Offline Jiggn' Gills

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Nut!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "Bluegill Bite Was On"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Nice job guys :D :D :D

I assume this was the one East of NC, North of SR 36 ;) ;) ;)

Thers no better lake for gill fishing.  I have said before, I have fished this lake since it opened, and it is still the same today as it was then.

Again,  great job!!!  Pimp, I'm still hoping to meet you on the ice some day, maybe MO can join us, if he can make the trip.   Hey MO, we'll get "Her" to join us next ice.....

Scott

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Lmao

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Sorry i missed you. I didn't get on until too late to go. Glad to see they are still biteing. After this cold front passes, i'm going to be out there. Give me a hint. Are you on the east end? I know how you are catching them but WHERE is the question. I'm working next week but get off at 2:30. Hopefully no more rain!!!!!  Good job guys!! Glad somebody is catching fish without haveing to drive to Canada!  See you out there soon!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 11:08 PM »
A hint.......mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm....lets see.................we eds=Bluegills+10' of water+Pink Jig="LOTS OF BLUEGILLS"

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Man what a great time today!!!!  I just got finished filleting fish, and I'm sitting here munching on fresh gills as I'm typing this.  I can't thank jimmy and smitty enough for the hospitality.  The front that's coming through will slow things down a bit, but fish have to eat and I just have to fish. ;) Hey jimmy, the pictures were really good, and the wife commented on the beautiful sunset.  Give me a call, because you know it's a daily thing for me. ;D

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:13 AM »
Man I wish we would either get some ice or stop raining so I can get out there. You guys are pumping me up. ;D

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Hey Swedish, thanks for the info.....weeds....gotc ha....10ft of water.....gotcha.....b ait...gotcha....pink jigs...???   That is fishen,,don't tell all your secrets ;D.....gotcha... :)   

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Brawler it was our pleasure,a man that like to fish as hard as you do, is welcome at my honey hole anytime,Smitty really enjoyed you're company,we'll probably have to go find e'm again,but after this cold front,we'll be back out,and hopefully get on top of em again,glad you had a good time and sorry we stuck ya with 100 fish,but somebody had to take e'm(lol),what did it take 2 hours to clean e'm?Stay in touch,

Jimmy Lang

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Would shure like to know where a guy could catch some of those fish. Where about you getting them? Took the boat out last week and caught 4 eyes only 1 keeper., Had fun! Wondering if this cold front is going to maybe make some late winter ice. Actually gave up on ice fishing about Christmas. Doesn't hurt to have fish dreams though. Fish on.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:06 AM »
Abishop,
             These fish are from Mt. Summit,get down this way,Ide more than glad to trade ya some spots for Bass Lake(lol)On april the 22nd,a friend of mine from up north is having a walleye tournament on Bass Lake,i'll be up there for this tournament,if interested go to Indiana Walleye.com,then go to Tournament Talk topic and you'll see it,first 14 boats registered is the field,like to see ya make it there,

Jimmy Lang

Offline crappie_catcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2006, 02:26 PM »
where abouts is bass lake

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2006, 03:29 PM »
BASS LAKE is at intersection 10 and 35 Just east of North Judson or south of Knox .  Another lake close is Max. 1800 acres with a lot of structure and BIG WALLEYES. This lake is in culver 15 miles from Bass. good luck

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Hey sweedish pimple, where is this summit lake I have heard of this lake but dont know where it is. How big is it, and what size are the average gills

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Abishop,Summit is a little northwest of New Castle,off of State Road 36,its somewhere in the vicinity of 800 acres,7"-9" is the size alot of people keep,theres some big fat pigs in there too,

Jimmy Lang

Offline madhunter40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2006, 01:07 PM »
hey sweed i met you down there on summit about two mo.ago you gave me and my nephew your fish remember?well anyhow were thinking about going down there with the boat tomorrow i was wondering if the lake was open or skimmed in the area where we met that time or if there is another area we might try.thanks madhunter.heres my email if you want to use it [email protected] info would be highly appreciated

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Kenneth,I haven't been up to Summit yet,had my Aunts funeral these last 2 days,I'm sure I'll be up by there soon and Ill report,

Jimmy

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Jimmy, I am sorry to hear about your aunt.                         Ron
Bobberstop

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Thanks for you're thoughts Ron,

Jimmy

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2006, 05:53 PM »
My condolences Jimmy.
Russ

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline guppie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2006, 04:22 AM »
Hey Pimple,good to hear from you.hope Jstik is right about that pond. got the fever!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.