Author Topic: I'm Ready  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm Ready
« on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:36 AM »
Be getting that gear ready Ladies and Gentlemen,it wont be long,I get a feeling were gonna get hit quick with a cold snap......I'm so ready ;D

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I'm Ready
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:45 AM »
Unless we get some REAL heavy rains the miss/sal resivoir should provide some good fishing this winter. We're getting some real nice fish from the miss right now and lots of dinks in the salamonie. Jury is still out on the salamonie as far as size. Big fish didn't show up last year til about now. Good luck to all and be safe.

Offline Crappie slayer35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2012, 09:48 AM »
I certainly hope you are right. Wanna be able to go out in the mornings before work and not the trips to northern Michigan for a QUICK weekend of ice fishing. C'mon ICE :tipup: ::)
I don't give in till I get enough!!!

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I hope your right, because if you got ice down there in Indiana we deffinetly will have some up here in Wisconsin.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2012, 09:55 AM »
it's snowing!  @)

Offline Crappie slayer35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2012, 10:01 AM »
it's snowing!  @)
Yessssss it is awesome not long now fingers crossed lol ::)
I don't give in till I get enough!!!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:35 PM »
The boys will be coming to Summit Jimmy!  I am ready, especially with the snow I saw today!!!!!!!

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:58 PM »
I'm ready for open water all winter long like last year... It was odd, the bite was great, very little pressure, and the fish taste the exact same! But of course I'll stand on ice too, whatever it takes... Regardless, I'll be going where the GPS takes me!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:07 PM »
I'm ready for open water all winter long like last year... It was odd, the bite was great, very little pressure, and the fish taste the exact same! But of course I'll stand on ice too, whatever it takes... Regardless, I'll be going where the GPS takes me!

LOL Bro.......stay central and south to keep on that open water.  Look forward to seeing you up here in about a month!!!!!!  With shanty in tow!!!!!!! ;D

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:17 PM »
LOL Bro.......stay central and south to keep on that open water.  Look forward to seeing you up here in about a month!!!!!!  With shanty in tow!!!!!!! ;D
Two words for you: HEAT WAVE... You better get on board or you'll be staring at 1/2" of ice like last year! Wishing and not fishing!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Two words for you: HEAT WAVE... You better get on board or you'll be staring at 1/2" of ice like last year! Wishing and not fishing!

LOL......Two Words for you: Stafford Lake.......I spent alot of time on the ice last year.  Not as much as I wanted......but I was fishin' and not wishin'.  I expect a skim tonight.... ;D

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I'm ready, but I'm not even gonna play with my ice fishing stuff till I see an ice making weather forcast lol... 36 holes friday and 18 on Sunday we are still a ways out. But, I am ready..after last winter [if you can call it that] I've got to believe the local fish populations should be in good shape for ice fishermen..Till then..
Paul

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:30 PM »
I hope your right!! I have a still brand new fl20 thats needs broke in on the ICE!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Hey Jimmy, good to hear from you. Have you picked out a new secret color yet this year. lmao

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2012, 09:50 PM »

If we don't get ice I will be road tripping down there so you can take me out and we can make fun of Caleb, blueultra2 and slabgill.!

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:20 AM »
If we don't get ice I will be road tripping down there so you can take me out and we can make fun of Caleb, blueultra2 and slabgill.!

I can't even get you away from work long enough to go chase perch!  I'll make sure that I text you some pics!  :woot:

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2012, 02:40 AM »
I certainly hope you are right. Wanna be able to go out in the mornings before work and not the trips to northern Michigan for a QUICK weekend of ice fishing. C'mon ICE :tipup: ::)
Exactly!! I also work evenings and i made 2 trips to northern michigan that were on 2 day weekends!! haha
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 AM »
I agree, last winter I didn't do much ice fishing but there was great fishing to be had in open water.  I think we will have good ice this winter though.  I'm hoping we get a blizzard so when it all melts off the river will fill up with water.  Dont know if I can stand seeing it stay this low much longer.

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 PM »
We have skim ice on the ponds around me.  First time that has happend since the  1980's.  I think thats the years lake Michigan locked up to almost 80%. I would love to go out on the big lake again someday.  The chi town harbors  its hard to find free parking.  I was wondering if there are any access points in Indiana.  I know at pastrick they think ice fisherman are terroist threats and homeland security wont let up fish that harbor.  Weel back to the subject at hand.  I seriously hope we get some ice soon.  This hot summer killed me almost.  I missed most of last season because of health reasons.  Now I am back and doing much better.  I am getting involved a bit with the FOF. and looking forward to helping this winter with that group.   Good bunch of guys too!  Never found an ice fisherman who I didn't like yet!
  Well hope to see you all out this winter or sooner.  I am retired now so I am planning lots of fun trips far and locally.
  Tight lines and big fish!
  Da-Roc

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:52 PM »
We have skim ice on the ponds around me.  First time that has happend since the  1980's.  I think thats the years lake Michigan locked up to almost 80%. I would love to go out on the big lake again someday.  The chi town harbors  its hard to find free parking.  I was wondering if there are any access points in Indiana.  I know at pastrick they think ice fisherman are terroist threats and homeland security wont let up fish that harbor.  Weel back to the subject at hand.  I seriously hope we get some ice soon.  This hot summer killed me almost.  I missed most of last season because of health reasons.  Now I am back and doing much better.  I am getting involved a bit with the FOF. and looking forward to helping this winter with that group.   Good bunch of guys too!  Never found an ice fisherman who I didn't like yet!
  Well hope to see you all out this winter or sooner.  I am retired now so I am planning lots of fun trips far and locally.
  Tight lines and big fish!
  Da-Roc

RETIRED!! You didn't look that old when I met you ???? OK that was a long time ago on Prarie Creek. Met a lot of people during that Ice Shanty tournament. Good luck this winter!!!
Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.