Author Topic: Idaho Falls Nearby Lakes  (Read 1196 times)

Offline WalleyeHunter84

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " Flag Down "
Idaho Falls Nearby Lakes
« on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:32 PM »
Hi guys, looking to move to the area and originally from Wisconsin I just wanted to know what lakes/reservoirs nearby annually produce ice? Can you fish mud lake and does it hold alot of pike(5 ft deep and marshy)? Is there any lakes that hold bluegils in them or walleye in them?  Also have atv and marcum lx7 and would be looking for some icefishing buddies as well if I land a job.  Thanks for all replys.
"The Dirty Andy"

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Idaho Falls Nearby Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:07 AM »
Welcome in advance.  We love it here.  Please define "nearby."  For instance, we have something like 30 irrigation reservoirs within 90 minutes of Pocatello.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline WalleyeHunter84

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " Flag Down "
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:33 AM »
Well 30 mins or less
"The Dirty Andy"

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Only about 5 that close . If you move out a little . You have a bunch with in 100 miles .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Windriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Not much within 30 min of IF this year.  Usually Ririe would be the place to go however it didn't freeze this year.  Muflake winter kills every few years when we get a deep early ice cap and the weeds die eating oxygen.  I've heard rumors there is some decent perch fishing this year but haven't seen the evidence.  Palisades did not freeze this year well.  It is usually a good option for cutthroat, browns,and kokanee.  Big elk bay of Palisades had ice but I don't know if it still has ice.  Roberts gravel pond has tiny perch and a few tiger trout. 

With this warm winter you really need look a little further away to get good icefishing. 

Windriver

Offline Windriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:21 PM »
A little more info...We don't really have walleye around here.  There nearest ones are In Oneida or Salmon Falls Res.  Several Hour drive away.  We primarily fish for trout and kokanee around here with a few good perch to be found here and there.  We have no pike and only a few tiger Muslim which are really tough for us to catch in winter with no live bait allowed. 
Windriver

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:34 AM »
i have been hearing about guys catching small walleyes in Ririe, but not many. most of the fishing around here is for trout and the various panfish species.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.