The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: North Kent Co.  (Read 591 times)

Offline Assaultman

• IceShanty Rookie
North Kent Co.
« on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:25 PM »
Good Evening,

Just moved in and getting back on the ice for the first time in a long time. I've been checking the lakes around me for the past week, Wabasis, Myers, Lincoln, Pine Isl. Pickerel and Bostwick.. They all seem to be coming along well as far as ice, 3-4".. I know nothing about any of these lakes other than what I've read..
Wabasis and Myers would be the closest for me, any information on these two would be appreciated.. I'm looking for perch and gills for now.. Not asking for your hotspots but a friendly point in the right direction would be great..
Thanks...
GET THE NET!

Offline hotnate24

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Kent Co.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Welcome back... I have limited experience on both but what I know is on Wabasis that the launch is on the complete opposite side of the lake from where all the good fishing is. That makes for a seriously long walk. Myers has a some small and medium pike but as for gills and perch lots of sorting. Hope this helps

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:43 PM »
Big Pine has some MASSIVE pike in it and good crappie fishing if you can find them. ;)
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline Assaultman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Much appreciated.. I'm heading out for Myers in the morning..  I've got nothing but time this winter and I'm pretty stoked about being back on the ice.. Never even heard of iceshanty.com but I'm glad it's here, I'll be sure to take part in the sharing. Thanks
GET THE NET!

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Much appreciated.. I'm heading out for Myers in the morning..  I've got nothing but time this winter and I'm pretty stoked about being back on the ice.. Never even heard of iceshanty.com but I'm glad it's here, I'll be sure to take part in the sharing. Thanks

Myers  has a big number of crappies in it around average size. Ive also done well on some nice gills in certain areas. Just be sure to move around and cover a lot of area.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline 5galbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2013, 12:44 AM »
Welcome to IS and the neighborhood!
Rule #1:  Never tell your story first.

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:23 AM »
All of those lakes host lots of fish most with decent numbers and average size. Wabasis is good for almost everything except for trout. Myers is a good pan fish lake and yes pig pine is great for 25+ inch pike. Like a challenge try Murray LK ( looks like a giant horseshoe). I have taken a 50" Tiger Musky there WOW is all I can say never been so afraid to reach down the hole LOL. Personal message me and I will tell you how to get onto little lake just south of Wabasis that I have taken some 10" + Gills and sunnies. And these lakes have 2-3 inchs of ice already nice. OH watch Wabasis for thin spots caused by springs, there are a bunch. If you are after some trout you can hit Lime LK.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.