Author Topic: Shappell FX50 windbreak  (Read 2004 times)

Offline riverfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Shappell FX50 windbreak
« on: Oct 24, 2020, 05:33 PM »
Looking for a shappell fx50 windbreak ice shack, kind of a longshot but wondering if anyone knows where there  is one of these for sale? Possible someone has one to sell or know of a sport shop with one. Thanks     

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shappell FX50 windbreak
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2020, 07:24 PM »
Could always make one of these or buy it electrical metalic tubeing or emt for 1/2 or 3/4 is cheap and a small tarp and bungee cords would work just as good as at link below..I think but not postive this is the only company making wind breaks right now..

https://sportssled.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fsporty-sled-windbreak

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Looking for a shappell fx50 windbreak ice shack, kind of a longshot but wondering if anyone knows where there  is one of these for sale? Possible someone has one to sell or know of a sport shop with one. Thanks     
Had one and sold it last year. Tried to buy another one and they are not making them any more. SO I build myself a cheap wind break out of a Jet Sled XL. I used a trap for the sides and 1x2" PVC board bolted on to make it like a triangle. Got the idea from someone selling them. There's isn't the Jet Sled Xl though. It is 66" long and wide enough for my foldout chair with a side table on it. Sitting under it is better than the FX 50 I had. Covers me better and I could even put a heater in behind me. I just bought some heavy duty Vinyl type material I will use instead of the trap once the tarp wears out.

<===Lefty===

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2020, 09:23 PM »
Could always make one of these or buy it electrical metalic tubeing or emt for 1/2 or 3/4 is cheap and a small tarp and bungee cords would work just as good as at link below..I think but not postive this is the only company making wind breaks right now..

https://sportssled.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fsporty-sled-windbreak

Electrical metallic tubing. Do you mean conduit?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2020, 07:24 AM »
https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/shappell-fx50-windbreak-shelter-087755000011

Thanks for posting that.  I hope they one of those on display during their shanty days sale. 
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Electrical metallic tubing. Do you mean conduit?

Think of the letters emt = eleltrical metalic tubing..  same difference just using the trade name.. . Ridgid metalic conduit is a thicker wall for heavy duty applications...  were more protection is needed.. think of thesaurus on terms..  conduit and tubing ect.are all the same .. the trade name electricians use is emt short for electrial metalic tubing .. but general public some time calls it conduit .. really no difference in the two ecept emt is used by electricians ?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:28 AM »

Think of the letters emt = eleltrical metalic tubing..  same difference just using the trade name.. . Ridgid metalic conduit is a thicker wall for heavy duty applications...  were more protection is needed.. think of thesaurus on terms..  conduit and tubing ect.are all the same .. the trade name electricians use is emt short for electrial metalic tubing .. but general public some time calls it conduit .. really no difference in the two ecept emt is used by electricians ?

This is funny. Same as this place on the mountain everyone takes there atv's to unload and ride. Locals before me 27 years here call it the Round Corral. I told a guy once we went to the Circle corral and he instantly corrected me." IT IS THE ROUND CORRAL. "  I told him no difference Circle or Round. He insisted it is the round corral and I just laughed at him. I still call it the Circle corral. He still gets mad at me. Life goes round and round in a Circle.
<===Lefty===

Offline JOBBER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2020, 09:56 AM »
lefty2053 nice simple and straightforward design.
I see you use a "hard" arm quad chair too.
I can't get my butt out of the soft ones.
From another lefty.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:09 AM »
lefty2053 nice simple and straightforward design.
I see you use a "hard" arm quad chair too.
I can't get my butt out of the soft ones.
From another lefty.
That chair has a a fold down side table with cup holder on it and still fits under there. I also bought a chair rod holder for it. I have since taken off the zip ties and just ran a rope through the holes and tied it off. When that tarp wears out I will use a lot stronger type Vinyl material I found.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.