Author Topic: new pike tip-ups  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
new pike tip-ups
« on: Aug 25, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Got in my new Pike/Bass large tip-ups for this year I have tried them all and settled on Heritage Lakers but I really like these. Big 500 foot brass spool. Over 3 feet wide and also over 3 foot high flag. I love the Polar rail style so you can see the fish running and these have this in an extra large tip-up. I also love the free flowing line guide so fish can pull which ever way it wants. It has a unique wind trip where the flag attaches that allows you to set various trip settings. It's kind of a high bread tip up with the best of all worlds. May be selling my Lakers.

A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new pike tip-ups
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2020, 05:22 AM »
Very nice review, thanks. Best of luck with them!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2020, 09:14 AM »
@Papa Sly: Did you find those locally or online. Don't seem to be very common and are not shown on the HT website.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2020, 09:57 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Lookin' for the real deal. I did find a couple places online but not very high profile shops.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Thank you for that great review.
Take a kid ice fishing

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Nope. It's the Arctic Bay model (ABT-500). Has a shaft/spool assembly like a regular Polar but on sticks with a spring flag. Interesting they were not listed in the current catalog. Must be discoed. I mebbe better grab what I found before they disappear forever. Looks like just the ticket for those far away sets or deep snow.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Nope. It's the Arctic Bay model (ABT-500). Has a shaft/spool assembly like a regular Polar but on sticks with a spring flag. Interesting they were not listed in the current catalog. Must be discoed. I mebbe better grab what I found before they disappear forever. Looks like just the ticket for those far away sets or deep snow.
what line,bait,hook,depth you fishing?lol braid or mono or wire??jk

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2020, 04:44 PM »
what line,bait,hook,depth you fishing?lol braid or mono or wire??jk

It's for bluegills and I'm using a hybrid copolyfilament line with an adjustable single hook in case I run into pike.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2020, 05:19 PM »
It's for bluegills and I'm using a hybrid copolyfilament line with an adjustable single hook in case I run into pike.

lol probably do better with latex Infused flourocarbon for gills.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2020, 08:07 PM »
here is a link for them    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnnyspond.com%2Fht-enterprises-tip-ups-.html%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0E4Cnpay8w3CvqIKNgI_rSPnLQsLdhnRN0RdRt_04wVCyu0xwQxje3uyI&h=AT2P_heutu8zCF3OsNNoszzko3e7jknfiWAh8jkxxRgQ0E-UJz6K8zl9uGQNJC2YssBe3QaRWWATMPst78GV2raEfdCTg6A7NCB5dxjOxnvC3uchlTOyP3SG2gtgRUPiVxdSDJFDLjzEKRnEJyZXgwb-zXeIPANI&__tn__=R]-R&c[0]=AT0LI2Op5X_IsRyUUyFfRQZy5nOJ0fHp3EumqfvwORhv54XMmI-qgUT4LAYO-oIKuxsnnAp7NQ87DaMOoJUOvKKkZZHBBqoXXC9QJ8u8k2pvH_PVpra-PFucep7A3eTmmkEDxmC0AR4oM8z7zPhALrdrCrAu79J4dCdbJ-d4aSewC53VU64sTE5RhPbpnz28lxOa5M8GR29HWg

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Just opened the box on triplets of these today (thanks Papa)! Gotta say that pics didn't do these rigs justice. Folds up just short of 32" but very compact for what is there. Not too different from other stick type tippys. Ain't no way these things would ever go down a 10" hole. I can see a couple of mods already: an extra staple to stabilize the flag spring near the top, I'll be polishing the inside of the line guide and probably make an arbor enlarger to reduce line capacity while retaining a full spool. No way I need 500 feet of line.

I'll still be a primary Polar user but for deep snow like the last coupla years or a long distance set they'll be key players

Gotta love IS for all the varied ideas. FWIW, these have been discoed; I checked directly with HT. If'n you think you might want one or more better jump when you find 'em. I found two places but the best price wasn't passing the site certification and did not have secure purchase options. I ponied up and extra $6 per and did business with Johnny's Pond where Papa Sly got his. They also did not have a secure purchase portal but did have a Paypal option so that was good enough for me. Prompt and secure shipping.  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Just opened the box on triplets of these today (thanks Papa)! Gotta say that pics didn't do these rigs justice. Folds up just short of 32" but very compact for what is there. Not too different from other stick type tippys. Ain't no way these things would ever go down a 10" hole. I can see a couple of mods already: an extra staple to stabilize the flag spring near the top, I'll be polishing the inside of the line guide and probably make an arbor enlarger to reduce line capacity while retaining a full spool. No way I need 500 feet of line.

I'll still be a primary Polar user but for deep snow like the last coupla years or a long distance set they'll be key players

Gotta love IS for all the varied ideas. FWIW, these have been discoed; I checked directly with HT. If'n you think you might want one or more better jump when you find 'em. I found two places but the best price wasn't passing the site certification and did not have secure purchase options. I ponied up and extra $6 per and did business with Johnny's Pond where Papa Sly got his. They also did not have a secure purchase portal but did have a Paypal option so that was good enough for me. Prompt and secure shipping.  :thumbsup: :clap:

I think I am going to cut the line guide with a drummell and then polish the entire thing so you can slide the line in and out earies. I like the extra staple idea also.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:15 PM »
I think I am going to cut the line guide with a drummell and then polish the entire thing so you can slide the line in and out earies. I like the extra staple idea also.

The hole in the line guide looks HUGH ..looks like you could put a tuna treble through there.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:21 PM »
The hole in the line guide looks HUGH ..looks like you could put a tuna treble through there.
It is its a very large line guide but I like to take out of the guide to wrap the line so a small slot would help. or just a big clip like the other Polars have.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:24 PM »
It is its a very large line guide but I like to take out of the guide to wrap the line so a small slot would help. or just a big clip like the other Polars have.

I can see that especially packing up after a long cold blustery day ..I do like the Polar line guide

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.