Author Topic: Humminbird Ice55 Depth Reading Issue  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Rewhyuk

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird Ice55 Depth Reading Issue
« on: Jan 03, 2023, 11:59 PM »
Hi everyone I'm a newbie here to the forum but I've been fishing forever, my one and only hardwater flasher has been the vexilar fl-8se great unit but I recently passed it on to my 13yo son and bought myself the HB Ice55, just not sure of a couple things tho. First off when changing depth range going from 1x thru 4x it will display the proper depth on the digital screen (using the vexilar beside it to compare with) but if I change the range, sometimes it will display that the depth is 1.2ft even tho the actual depth is 40ft if I turn the knob to auto it will sometimes correct itself or I have to power off and on again. Was also wondering if anyone knows if it recalibrates the depth every so often as the digital display will bounce for a second or two then display the accurate depth. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline ira-akrfc

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Humminbird Ice55 Depth Reading Issue
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2023, 10:20 AM »
I have the ICE 45, and I've encountered a similar situation. If I set depth range to 20 ft. but the actual depth is greater than that, it reads 1.2 ft. Changing the range to deeper level, then the depth shows accurately. Not a problem, I just adjust the depth range.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2023, 11:53 AM »
 How old is your battery ? Check your battery voltage and clean connections...also check the transducer connection into head unit ...test/inspect the ice ducer.. especially at transducer end ...if you pulled it up when froze in or used it as a wrecking ball ..that could present issues   Sometimes on my Vexilar it gets wonky readings..depth and clutter ..turning the unit on/off/on again fixes some woes.

Other good tips

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rewhyuk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2023, 01:28 PM »
Thanks for the all info guys!! Glad I'm not the alone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.