Author Topic: How much electronics before fishing not sporting?  (Read 9531 times)

Offline Marauder2008

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Re: How much electronics before fishing not sporting?
« Reply #90 on: Dec 26, 2022, 04:32 PM »
Before this year I have never owned a flasher (I bought a Garmin Striker 4 from a buddy).  I have watched other guys use them, and toyed around a little with them myself.  I learned to fish without electronics.  However, lots of times you end up fishing blind, have no idea if (or how) the fish are reacting, etc.  I have caught fish without the fancy toys.  For me, having the flasher helps to know where the fish are, and if they're chasing.  Electronics can't make them bite, or set the hook for you though.  For me, all the flasher does is keep the interest in the chase.  I know there are fish there, and I know they're looking, now I just have to figure out how to make them bite.  Yes, it helps, but honestly, if they're gonna bite, they're gonna bite, electronics don't change that part.  They can be just as frustrating though if you know they are there, and they don't want what your dangling!

It's all personal opinion, I'm good with whatever side of the fence you're on, as both sides have valid points.
"When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too."

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: How much electronics before fishing not sporting?
« Reply #91 on: Dec 26, 2022, 08:06 PM »
The main purpose of a FF, IMO, is to keep the fisherman amused and entertained (and re-assured that there are fish down there) so he doesn't pack up and go home. That way he tends to stay longer and generally catch more fish! ;D OTOH, if he is seeing lots of fish but getting no bites he might get discouraged and give up early! ;D
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.