Author Topic: Another deer!  (Read 1262 times)

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
Another deer!
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Well,  I managed to get another deer today on the second to last day of the season!  I give full credit to this deer for having an amazing will to live.  My morning started a little diff than planned.  As I was walking to my stand I noticed a fresh track that had a few specs of blood in it.  I was still farely close to the road so I figured it might have been hit by a car. And I was right.  I tracked him for 2.5 hours till I first caught up to him.  He was still running pretty good and when he saw me he bounded away.  Eventualy the deep snow got to him and he had to bed.  I luckily saw him first and was able to get fairly close.   He saw me and started to take off but I noticed he was much slower this time.  So I ran down to him jumped over the stone wall and there he was about 15-20 yards away walking away.  If he had just kept on going he wouldnt have given me a shot.  But for some reason he stopped and turned broadside for me.  It was deff. the most humbling experience I've ever had taking a deer.  This time I didnt really outsmart it.  I tracked it and tired it out but he was not at his full potential.  But ethicaly I needed to take the shot to put it out of its missery and impending painful death by the large pack of coyots that run that piece of woods.  I wish it was an older deer but it was only a button buck.  But none the less I got my first deer with a bow!!  In the snow on the second to last day of the season.  Now we can Ice Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Stefan~

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: Another deer!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007, 09:36 PM »
great job doing your job as a sportsman!!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Great job man! I took one for the team and sat through the storm on Thurs hoping to catch a deer coming to bed down in my folks thicket. The deer always come in there during storms like we had. But this time they did not.  The did come in after dark thursday night and last night.  So I did the next best thing....I rode the sled and packed trails down for them.  My folks feed the deer over the winter and they love the sled trails!

Offline fallsonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Way to go Stefan!   Let me guess.....you only had one arrow with you!   Does this mean we're having venison for Christmas?

Steve
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.