Author Topic: Wilcraft  (Read 1781 times)

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wilcraft
« on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Any of you own a wilcraft? I have a deal worked out for one and can't wait to try it out.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Wilcraft
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2018, 12:41 PM »
They are nice but it sure seems like a lot of money for something only needed a week or 2 in early and late ice. Late ice to me is the most dangerous, and when the ice goes bad it goes bad in a hurry and it is time for the boat anyway.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 08:11 AM »
I wish I had one, those look very useful, it’s not just for ice fishing.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2018, 09:39 AM »
The peace of mind, no matter what kind of ice, is worth it!  Especially when we get Erie ice again...the airboats are heavy and have a tendency to break through the ice, then it re-freezes thin, creating a trap door.  Great addition to your kit!

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:29 AM »
I bought a used unit so price was pretty good. I've never had a insulated shanty so I will have to adjust for that. Mine being one of the first ones in the area, I think it's the second in the state, there was a few different questions. Ended up being titled as a ATV. The boat registration had to be called in but wasn't a big issue. Yeah they are expensive but for me extending the short season we have and knowing that if I break through I don't have to think about being wet. I'm going to be a representative for Ohio and will display at all of the events that I can to support ice safety. Sometimes we take unnecessary chances in hopes of catching that trophy and bad things happen. I didn't post about this to brag but to remind people to think safety first.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Congrats on the purchase  :thumbsup:  Enjoy and stay safe.  ;)2

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:41 AM »

Very nice enjoy

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I understand they float but when they break through the ice they are able to pull themselves back up on the ice? That is what I would worry about, wet snowy slushy bad ice. Yea you might be dry but also stuck out on the ice a long way from shore?

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2018, 09:49 AM »
I understand they float but when they break through the ice they are able to pull themselves back up on the ice? That is what I would worry about, wet snowy slushy bad ice. Yea you might be dry but also stuck out on the ice a long way from shore?

I have one, yes, they can climb out. It is not as simple as you might think but not a big chore either. I've broken through a couple of times, most recently this last February. There are good and bad aspects to it, the thing I like most is the peace of mind that going in is survivable.

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:17 PM »
It started with the purchase and now Ohio inquiries come to me. I will also have information on trade in models as well as all prices. Surviving is the main reason I wanted one. Mine also has studded tires which should help on smooth ice. I plan on taking it out in a couple weeks with use of a trolling motor.

Offline YtownThrowDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:30 AM »
What is Ohio's stance on using these vehicles on inland lakes?

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2018, 05:43 PM »
It will be titled like a ATV and gets OH numbers from the division of watercraft. If you look at the pictures you can see the numbers on mine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.