Author Topic: Ibobber  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ibobber
« on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Has anyone used the Ibobber? I got one for xmas and I'm curious how well it works and others impretions. Also does it work for us hardwater folks thanks

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ibobber
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 02:53 PM »
I don't know how well Ibobber works,but am going to try a wireless unit with bobber,any info would be helpful also.

FN

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Looks alot like the "deeper" unit... I've heard they work but also heard 2 stories of cell phones going down the hole because you're constantly watching it like a flasher... might consider a floating case or tether
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 10:44 PM »
The app shows a flasher option as well as a few others. I havent got to try it yet. Ive never used a flasher so will be interesting to try. Has a regular sonar and a fish symbol one so hoping to get out and play around with it.

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 06:28 AM »
I can’t speak for the ibobber, but I have a deeper...it works well but a massive drain on your phone’s battery. If I remember correctly, I only got about an hour of battery life. It might be better inside a shanty where it’s warmer. I would consider buy a battery back up for you phone if you plan on using it all day.

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:01 AM »
I can’t speak for the ibobber, but I have a deeper...it works well but a massive drain on your phone’s battery. If I remember correctly, I only got about an hour of battery life. It might be better inside a shanty where it’s warmer. I would consider buy a battery back up for you phone if you plan on using it all day.

thats a great point i will definetly bring an extra battery pack to charge with. The floating cell case will be my next addition. I figure maybe use for checking depth at least?

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2019, 09:25 AM »
So got out yesterday with the ibobber for the first time. It works! It does seem a bit delayed but i think the price point and portability make it worth while. I fished 23 fow and screen showed fish suspended 3-8 ft under the ice anyone else seen this any idea on species?  Couldnt get them to bite to confirm what they were. I was fishing sodus bay.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Don't have a Bobber, but will speak of the Deeper pro+. Never had mine on the phone, use a 12 inch tablet. Had about five hr run time. The tablet signed off as the low power indicator was flashing for the Deeper. How long does the Bobber run?

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:10 PM »
My son had a deeper, what we did to fix the battery drain problem was take my old humminbird portable case and shuttle with the battery and removed the fish finder mount. we then mounted a cellphone holder car mount to the shuttle and I wired a 12 volt cigarette lighter type outlet to the battery and plugged in a car charger. It worked great and was just like having a small screen graph. I can say this the flasher and graph sensitivity rivaled that of high end units. Only draw back with this was phone is out in weather if its snowing or raining.

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Seems to work i really havent got much time with it. Going out tomorrow first reel day out ill let ya know then.

Offline Ascott3006

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Only down side ive seen so far is you can not have any slush in your hole it will  interfere witb the signal. Other than that works pretty well id say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.