Author Topic: Trash  (Read 769 times)

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trash
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:04 PM »
I know its not people from this site, but please pick up your trash! Went to a local lake that has had lots of pressure lately. I picked up a tshirt several water and soda bottles and some candy wrappers. Please help keep our water clean!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Trash
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:11 PM »
It seems to be everywhere.  I carry bags for trash pickup and latex gloves for nastys.      :sick: :woot: ;)2

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 PM »
we lost a great access spot last year because of trash and lack of respect to the operations there. a few can ruin it for all!
seems I always bring back more than I brought! can't understand it ???

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2017, 02:35 AM »
I didn't pick up any trash on the ice yet but I did pull a button up shirt from the bottom of the lake with my jig when I was pounding the bottom!!  Thought it was going to be a branch!

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:00 AM »
i pick up trash ALL the time and have for a long time,got to keep it looking nice
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Yep, fished this weekend and ended up picking up a bag of trash left by someone else. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline StevenB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:04 AM »
We just had a reminder from one of our Maine members to pack it out, even your butts. Nothing kills an area quicker than owners or the State finding trash left behind to enter our waters, woods.
We should not give any reason for anyone to call all outdoorsmen/women SLOBS
Thanks for your reminder to your members!
Tight lines, Steve

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:08 AM »
I fished this weekend and I could see something big sticking out of the snow. I thought score I get a treasure! When I got up to it, it was a folding chair with a case. I thought I had hit the jackpot, well upon closer inspection it was broken in a few places. Someone had broke their chair and then just left it on the ice. I don't know what goes through peoples heads sometimes. I understand if a wrapper gets away in the wind or something, and I usually chase it down. But to leave a broken folding chair? I hauled that thing about half a mile to get it back to my truck. And I know it wasn't a chair that fell off a 4wheeler or something because the people had been fishing there that morning.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:31 AM »
id be careful picking up clothing like t shirts and socks.pigs use them for wiping their a$$ out on the ice around here.disgusting..ive only been out a few times this year and only trash ive seen so far is cig butts  all over the ice.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:38 AM »
I hate going to a spot and finding 100 cigarette butts laying on the ice.

Offline rusty go0se

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Last time I was out I picked up propane canisters, beer bottles and plastic bags with wrappers in them. Some of these people give us a bad name. You bring it in you bring it out!
"Anything free is worth saving up for"

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:12 AM »
You just can't fix stupid or ignorant!

These same "pillars of society" (in their own sad minds, that is) will complain that the fishing is as good as the last time the grace that pond with their presence and will be first to b***h and moan about posted signs stating that a spot is now off-limits.

You do what you can, but unfortunately it's a matter of sheer numbers.

Although there are probably way more of us, the respectable types than there are of them, they tend to bring much more crap out on the ice and thus leave more trash.

If only there were a law that allowed you to take definitive "legal" action when you see these lowlifes in the act?
(or maybe take action without getting caught?)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:10 PM »
And burnpiles! Idiots make a bonfire directly on the ice and leave everything. Boggles the mind.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:30 PM »
It's the same all over.  Seems like I am always picking up other peoples trash.  As far as butts go don't know why people can't field dress them and carry them out, as I was taught to do when I was a smoker  Thought it was against the law to discard them.  Never mind littering is against the law also.  Silly me.

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2017, 02:07 PM »
I'll never understand people who can haul stuff in full but leave it when it's empty.

I hunt in the Big Thicket in East TX.  There are no motorized vehicles allowed except in parking areas.

I walk 2-1/2 miles back into the woods on scouting trips.  I'm amazed at all the beer cans, soda cans and trash, even that far from a road.

I think most will agree that these kind of idiots are "deplorable"*.

*Don't take this as a political comment.  It isn't, I just could not come up with a more descriptive term...  But I'm open to suggestions...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2017, 02:13 PM »
And burnpiles! Idiots make a bonfire directly on the ice and leave everything. Boggles the mind.

Yeah, I almost forgot about those too!

Karma would be well served if the lazy, uncaring SOB's that leave their semi-burned lumber on the ice were also to "encounter" it while roaring around same lake in their brand new powerboat (cause we all know that the boat is more important than teeth or brains, right?)

Oh, well, I stick to my original statement: You can't fix stupid or ignorant!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.