Author Topic: Bosch Cordless Drill?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bosch Cordless Drill?
« on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Looking for any advice on a Bosch 36618-02 18volt litheon drill/driver. Seems like a good cordless for $160.00. Looking to drill some holes and secure ice anchors with it. Anybody own one?

Offline Jer-

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bosch Cordless Drill?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I dont have that model, but Bosch is a great brand IMO.  The new Lithium Ion batteries run longer with each charge too.  I would have no problem buying it.

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:24 PM »
i use bosch tools and well i have a 18 few of their 18v tools and they are great. just work horse drills. my 18volt is a hammer/ rotary drill and it drills through concrete pretty good. Bosch makes great tools never had a problem with them ever. and for 160 its not a bad price. My bosch set went for like 325 for the set and it was at a contractor show regularly goes for 650. came with three batteries and a cordless impact and the drill/ hammer drill id say do it

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:44 PM »
I have a bosch 18v hammer drill and I luv it Quality tool

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Thanks guys, you made that decision pretty easy!

Offline polartippah

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "TroyTMG" on MYFishFinder.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Does a drill grasp the top of an anchor on its own or do you have to have some sort of attachment?

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Does a drill grasp the top of an anchor on its own or do you have to have some sort of attachment?

I'm thinking ice anchor install tool (Clam), although I haven't searched yet, I bet someone has a cheap homemade alternative.

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:25 PM »
I have the light weight and heavy duty 18v Bosch drills, their great tools!
Never Give Up!

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:38 PM »

I see you have a Nils auger. I have one also. I just ordered and received an addapter to make to Nils work in a cordless drill. I have not tried it out or even look at it ti see if it works. I asked a question on Ice Shanty and someone sent me the link. I can find it and pm it to you if you'd like.   Ed
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:57 PM »
I see you have a Nils auger. I have one also. I just ordered and received an addapter to make to Nils work in a cordless drill. I have not tried it out or even look at it ti see if it works. I asked a question on Ice Shanty and someone sent me the link. I can find it and pm it to you if you'd like.   Ed
I picked up one of these this year to run early season on my 8" strikemaster. I ran it on a 14.4v dewalt and it would cut between 5 and 8 holes on a charge. My blades on my auger are not very sharp and have been told that makes all the difference. I know one thing it was easier than cutting holes by hand. Next year I will run my 18v, put on fresh blades and bring an extra battery. should be good for 30 or so holes.

http://www.icemasteradapter.com/
Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:38 PM »
I picked up one of these this year to run early season on my 8" strikemaster. I ran it on a 14.4v dewalt and it would cut between 5 and 8 holes on a charge. My blades on my auger are not very sharp and have been told that makes all the difference. I know one thing it was easier than cutting holes by hand. Next year I will run my 18v, put on fresh blades and bring an extra battery. should be good for 30 or so holes.

http://www.icemasteradapter.com/

Thats the one, thank you!!
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline Polarised

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:11 AM »
I run an 8" Nils with an adapter & a 36v Bosch. This is a thing of beauty.
Cut holes all day with it, you'll like it.

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:28 AM »
I'd like to see a pic of that nils and the 18" bosch drill in combo.... If possible...

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:05 PM »
I use the 36v Bosch on my 7" Lazer ... AWSOME setup.  A word of advice: get the BIGGEST drill you can buy.  Got it brand new with case, charger, and 2 ftpack batteries on Ebay (from Max Tools) for $179 shipped.  The price jumped back up big time, buy keep your eyes peeled and it will go back down eventually.

Some of you have seen this, for those who haven't:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44lGhx4x2XM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.