Author Topic: Banner Marsh  (Read 1286 times)

Offline toph2o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when in doubt, jerk
Banner Marsh
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:47 PM »
  Banner Marsh only has 2 to 5 inches  of  ice on the big lakes, so saids the local paper. Its so wide open the water stays open longer. I'm planning a trip there Sun. but now I'll may go father north.  These lakes are the last to freeze and the first to open. Now there is rain in the forcast. There are smaller lakes in this area so I may still go  check it out. toph2o

Offline toph2o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when in doubt, jerk
Re: Banner Marsh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2005, 09:03 PM »
 Well ,I found 5 inches of ice at banner.  The water is high and some of the roads are close so we had to walk about a 1/2 mile to get to the back lakes. we found  fish . 3 bass, 2 over 3 pounds a few crappie and only one bluegill.  we busted  off 5 big channel cat at the hole.  The one I busted off ,I got another chance at him when he tangled into my other line as I was playing him. 4 pound line just would not get him to turn up in the hole. He snapped the first line but my buddy was watching my tangled line when he felt weight on it. he fought it while I was trying to grab him though the ice  He was snagged only on his fin  and i only could touch him be for the hook pulled loose , I  dont think the 6 inch hole was going to be big enough. It had to weigh 6 plus pounds. I lost one other and the 2 other guys lost 3 more..  At least we got to see them.   Toph2o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.