Author Topic: Vexilar Question  (Read 1939 times)

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
Vexilar Question
« on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:20 PM »
when I bought my vexilar, in the box, in a small bag with stickers, manual etc. it came with a loop nut and bolt, it looks like its for hanging up something. what is this goo-higgy for? im curious.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Vexilar Question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:24 PM »
It threads in the front of the battery compartment. If you are dealing with thin ice, you can remove the float and hook the transducer on there. works good fore hole hopping.

Offline roygpa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's da Ice?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Looks like this.
Southwestern, PA

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM »
when I bought my vexilar, in the box, in a small bag with stickers, manual etc. it came with a loop nut and bolt, it looks like its for hanging up something. what is this goo-higgy for? im curious.

~Neal

It's for hanging your transducer cable. There should be a rubber ball type thing on your transducer cable. If you install the loop bolt on the front of your vexilar case, the ball will fit in that loop bolt. You can slide the ball thing up and down your transducer cable so that the transducer head sits just below the bottom of your ice hole.
Ken                                          

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM »
You can thread the Eye bolt into the front lower section of the Vex, and hang the cable with the ducer through it. Using the stopper to adjust the cable length.... (instead of using the float.....)

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:38 PM »
oooooo gotchya, thanks a lot guys. I love the community of ice fisherman, no question goes unsolved ( even these incredibly easy ones ) and noty one person laughed at me haha.  ;D

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2006, 09:01 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHHA ;D ;D ;D ;D    Sorry Im not laughing at ya!  Just thought you needed someone to laugh with ya!!!  Really I wondered whyit came with mine too ::) ::)

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Which vex did you get? On my fl-18 Ultra pack there's holes for the bolt on the sides to.
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.