The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: OK, I can't take it anymore..........  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Igloolou

• IceShanty Rookie
OK, I can't take it anymore..........
« on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:20 PM »
........so I'm headin up to Tobyhanna on saturday.  It will be my first time fishing there. I am bringing my friend with who never ice fished before.  So I guess we will both have our firsts at this lake.  Anyway, there is no ice down here in the southeast part of Pa..  And it doesn't look like there will be any soon.  Is there any bait shops around there?  Also, any info on this lake is greatly appreciated.
"Don't mind the cracking, it's only getting thicker"!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Re: OK, I can't take it anymore..........
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Here's a list of Pa. bait shops    http://www.baitnet.com/states/pennsylvania_baitshops.php  just copy and paste.  hope this helps !!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Whoerles was out of bait on Saturday, said she might be getting some today, but even then, she hasn't had any medium, just extra large fatheads.  Pocono Outdoors has no bait until next week.  Dunklebergers was out last I was there.  Blakeslee sport shop never has minnows and timberline sport shop last only had fatheads for 4 bucks a dozen.  Good luck finding bait, heck, I live here and I can't find any.  Then again, it is tobyhanna, you could probably use a hot dog under a tip-up and catch those dinky pickeral.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Good call Mark, I called last week and Mikes was one of the few places that had medium shiners. They weren't open til 8:00, though, you might want to call for their hrs.

Offline Igloolou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2009, 05:13 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the info. 

Happy New Year!

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Hit Rick's Bait and Tackle on 222 on the left before the intersection of 222 & 73 Maiden Creek if your heading east. Open 8 am to 4 I think. I'll get my bait today or tommorrow as I'm looking to leave at 5am. on Sat. Hopefully when we get some ice on Ontelaunee he might open at 6am like keith used to when he owned the shop, but I doubt it.

Offline Igloolou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009, 05:36 PM »
stormtrooper, Thats what i'm gonna do.  I stopped today and he's gonna stay open till I get there from work tomorrow.  I can't believe that with all of the ice up north the B&T's aren't loaded up with bait. :cookoo:

I hope we get ice soon on Ontelaunee, it's nice to fish close to home. ;D

My plans have also changed, instead of going to Tobyhanna I'm heading up to Promised Land to fish on saturday.  :wacko:

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:06 PM »
bought the last two dozen jumbo fatheads from Whoerles today, said they'll be ordering more shiners for the weekend, real ones at that.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.