Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

Pics of your catches

<< < (3/58) > >>

tundraboy:
what is the closest state to Maine that you can spear pike.. This is way better then setting traps.

darkhousefisher:

--- Quote from: tundraboy on Jan 30, 2009, 06:22 PM ---what is the closest state to Maine that you can spear pike.. This is way better then setting traps.

--- End quote ---

This question was asked last year also:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=79216.0

Some states do not allow spearing for pike, but you are allowed to spear "trash fish".  Check w/ your local Department of Fish and Game, they can steer you in the right direction.

Higgins:

--- Quote from: tundraboy on Jan 30, 2009, 06:22 PM ---what is the closest state to Maine that you can spear pike.. This is way better then setting traps.

--- End quote ---

Sorry but I can't find a state near you that allows Spearing in the winter, But I will still keep looking for ya.

I did find this:
http://www.apnmag.com/spring_2005/vermontpikeshooting.htm
GET OUT YOUR GUN  :laugh:

53andout:

--- Quote from: Higgins on Dec 27, 2008, 06:43 PM ---Nice Fish, hey is that rod what you use for your decoys cause if it is than maybe you should try and put a few trebles on there for the ones that grab the decoys  :laugh: " if you can't spear em than fish em"  :woot:

--- End quote ---

Looks like the spear is leathal enough, how many do ya need? :cookoo:

BuschWhacker:

--- Quote from: 53andout on Jan 31, 2009, 11:36 AM ---Looks like the spear is leathal enough, how many do ya need? :cookoo:

--- End quote ---
The mess of fish in the picture were taken from a lake in South-Central Alaska, where they are non-native, and were illegally introduced.  There is no limit on pike there and ADF&G encourages removal of as many as possible, but they must be used and not wasted.  They are discussing rotenone as a measure to reduce non-native populations, and already have used it on some lakes in the Anchorage Metro area, now that is a waste.  I can assure you, all of the fish pictured were enjoyed after being dipped in beer batter and a hot oil bath :)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version