Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

Pics Of Your Spear

<< < (6/16) > >>

JCrean:
Just received my new baby, an Evolution Spear custom made to my specs by IS member Blackhawk.

This thing is even more amazing in person.

jasonmichalski:
I hand forged this spear on a 180 year old anvil, last spring. This was one of the first things I forged so I was just learning at the time and I plan to make somemore this year now that I've had alot more time forgeing.

P2121261 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr

P2121262 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr
 :flex:

jasonmichalski:
this spear was given to me by my grandpa. he said a old Neighbor gave it to him years ago when he lived on the Saginaw bay.
It's a take down spear and can fit in a bucket I think it's a perch herring spear.
The head next to my forged spear for size purposes.

P2121264 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr

P2121265 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr

P2121266 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr
The next pic is the bottom of the shaft , but the head is form a spear that my Dad just gave me last week he told me the same story of how he got it as my Grandpa. My Dad years ago didn't know the head came off so when he decided to make it warmer for spring sucker spearing he cut the handle in half and put a broom stick on it. He said it was just a rod with a hole at the end. I took off the head and I'm going to make a new shaft. I think the same person made both spears because if you look close at the pics they are the same except for the size,and the pike spear head has a brace at the back, and when I tried the larger head on the shaft of the perch spear it screwed right on. I tried it like that this weekend and will have it on its own shaft by next weekend.

P2121267 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr

P2121263 by jasonmichalski, on Flickr ;D

iluvgillz:
Spear my cousin built me!

HVFD14:
I just saw this same spear on an e-article in Field and Stream...are you Dave, or is that spear and "emblem" the maker's trademark?

--- Quote from: iluvgillz on Feb 13, 2012, 10:17 PM ---Spear my cousin built me!
(Image removed from quote.)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version