Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

January weather predictions?

(1/3) > >>

Iceman Cometh:
Have any of you guys heard the long range weather predictions for jan.-seems like they're predicting above average temps for the whole month! Do you guys think we'll ever get fishable ice in central IL?

HEADHUNTER:
KIm,

Looks like you are chompin at the bit as am I.  Come up North..we have fishable ice IMHO.

Hdhntr

gazoo7401:
where do you have fishable ice? how thick

HEADHUNTER:
I guess everyone has there own definition of "fishable".  Last weekend there were about 10-12 people on Crystal Lake.
 IF you call Daves Bait and tackle in crystal lake, they will tell you people have been out for two weeks.
 Wonder lake, and certain parts of channel I hear are thick enough to fish on.  Crystal lake has about 3-4 inches, the gates were not open officially but people were out!

With the cold weather we have had the last few days, I would think that tomorrow might be a good day.  Then its back to the 40 degree temps for 3 days!

Hopefully it wont casue too much damage to the ice.

hdhntr

bueller:
The other night on WGN news Tom Skilling (Chitown's #1 Weatherman) said that early January will bring several measurable snowfalls and some very cold weather. Now if long range weather forecasts in Chicago were right even 20% of the time I would be getting excited about ice fishing the Lake Michigan Harbors right about now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version