Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Any fellow central Il. hardwater fanatics out there?

<< < (2/19) > >>

fooman:
I went to gander last week 12-6 and spent some $$$$ they have a great selection..Then went to Gaylons, it was a waste of time .. only a very small selection. stopped by presleys for the 1st time,wasnt impressed.

Iceman Cometh:
yea, fooman's right gander mountain's by far the best-though they  can be a bit pricey I've found when compared to ordering online(on a few items anyway). To POP-I've fished Banner only once and it was during the summer-hoping we can get enough ice to try both it and Lake Storey(can be a great crappie hole also). Maybe we can hook up(LOL), I know that was bad! Also, POP, do you live in Champaign-If you do, I think you and I emailed each other a few years back, when I needed help on my fishtrap and you were just starting to icefish and wanted info on gear-Am I right? JUst wondering.

ZachSchuler:
I'm not exactly from central Illinois, but close. I live in morrison, which is between STerling and Clinton Iowa. I've never fished south through the ice but have fished places like spring and storey open water.

HEADHUNTER:
crystal lake here, reporting ice conditions sounds like a plan

bluegill63:
Hi from mendota here right by lasalle peru we had about 3 inches of ice along the edges of my town lakes we still need that one artic blast so we can go out and sit on our buckets and I can't wait. Lets go winter start the ice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version