Author Topic: Wild Fires  (Read 3601 times)

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Wild Fires
« on: Aug 23, 2003, 09:18 AM »
Here is hoping that all our shanty members in B.C. are safe from the fires that are ravaging their beautiful province.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re:Wild Fires
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2003, 10:09 AM »
Thanks himo1123. Fishing was so bad the other day cause I couldn't see the water I was casting into from all the thick smoke on the river. The salmon fishing has been great this year though. You don't even have to smoke the salmon cause it is already done. Just kidding. I'm from northern B.C. and things have been OK up here. Cousin lives in Kelowna and he has been evacuated twice. I keep telling him to move up here to gods country with all our beautiful rivers, grizzlies, moose, elk, bison, and loads of fish to play with in summer and winter. NO he keeps telling me he LOVES the heat. Is that hot enough for you yet cousin??? I firmly believe that this is a sign of things to come. Global warming is happening and it is only going to get worse, possibly not next year cause scorched ground is hard to burn a second time.But the years after, watch out.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2003, 01:34 PM »
hey, no problem terry. just stay safe. what will it take to get him to move north. the scenery and wildlife would be more than enough for me.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2003, 03:34 PM »
He likes the scenery at the beaches there and as for the wildlife, he prefers the 2 legged variety. He is still young (26) and I hope he will come to his senses one day and settle down. No one at some beaches now due to heavy ash (no ass) content. I wonder how all the scorched nipples look now heh???

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2003, 01:40 AM »
Sorry I am late getting this posted. We had lots of people evacuated from there homes here in Cranbrook and surronding area's. But we didn't lose any houses in our region, except half of somebodys dock at Monroe lake. All is well now.
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff
B&D Custom Lures Pro Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.