Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Let’s get some chatter going! New gear?

(1/8) > >>

POk3s:
Howdy fellers!

A slow start to the ice year and a slow start to much chatter here on ice shanty. Don’t tell anybody, but I don’t mind the slow ice part. I may take my boat out next week 😂😂😂.

I do miss the camaraderie of you folks here on the shanty, however!

I’m curious if you guys have found any “must haves” for the year. I really have not. I bought a new pop up last year (otter lodge) and am in love with the thing. I didn’t think I’d care about the full door, but not tripping over the door is more than “nice” and also being able to drag everything into the hut with me without lifting it up and wrestling with it is life changing as well. To my knowledge that was my only big purchase.

This year I’m boring again but did just take advantage of some Black Friday deals for some smaller items. I ordered a “heat Hogg” brand propane heater as I absolutely despise the heater buddy brand and their lack of customer service. I just won’t support them any longer! I also bought some kuiu “glomits” for all things outsides hopefully they’re as good of a mix between “gloves” and “mittens” as their name suggests…

muskyon46:
What's up Trent, long time no talk. Hoping the heat hog treats you better than your buddy's did. Seems like you had more than a few video moments over the years. I've been tinkering with the camp tent and a few other things to make life easier ice fishing. Instead of putting it all here you can see it on my post in the ice shack section here

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=359640.msg4319254#msg4319254

Really excited to give this upgrade camper with side room when needed a try. Hopefully we'll hook some up with you this season  :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish:

POk3s:
Hey buddy. I’m sure that group text will spring up soon! “That time of year” is pretty much here! I see you guys are planning on a couple weeks. I don’t know if you’ll be greeted with any ice or not. Looks like there’s some further east if you’re looking to travel. Hopefully you’ll be able to see on the satellite imagery before making the trip.

Went through your whole build. Love what you did with the shack! Just when I think you guys can’t go anymore anymore luxurious in your ice camping, you guys surprise the hell out of me. Awesome stuff!

And yes! Let’s make a point to fish together!

WYpescado:
Just moved back to WYO after an all-to-long hiatus in Florida. Haven’t been ice fishing in years but excited to get back into it (not much ice in FL).

Just got a brushless drill and am now looking for the right Auger bit to use with it. Have heard some good things about the strikemaster lite flite, k drill, and the Eskimo pistol bit , but curious if any of you have experience with either of these, or if there’s a better option.

I know these aren’t new products, but they’re new to me- When I was a kid we used a Jiffy gas powered auger. Worked just fine, but weighed a ton. Would be nice to have something a little more portable.

Thanks for the help!

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: WYpescado on Nov 30, 2023, 05:11 PM ---Just moved back to WYO after an all-to-long hiatus in Florida. Haven’t been ice fishing in years but excited to get back into it (not much ice in FL).

Just got a brushless drill and am now looking for the right Auger bit to use with it. Have heard some good things about the strikemaster lite flite, k drill, and the Eskimo pistol bit , but curious if any of you have experience with either of these, or if there’s a better option.

I know these aren’t new products, but they’re new to me- When I was a kid we used a Jiffy gas powered auger. Worked just fine, but weighed a ton. Would be nice to have something a little more portable.

Thanks for the help!

--- End quote ---

I have all 3 ...they all work fine as long as you have the right Milwaukee drill (2703/2704 ..2803/2804 ..2903/2904 ) and a 4ah or better battery any of those auger drill unit will work ...the SM is faster then the Eskimo ...and the K drill is the slowest ..my preference would be the Eskimo as it has shaver blades ..and having an extra set is cheap and easy to find.

As far as new gear ..an Eskimo 650XD ...then mostly odds an ends to be effective/efficient ...Eskimo seat organizer and an Otter mini side kick ..a swivel hunting chair ..dual season purpose and  last some directors chairs fill out the list

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version