Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Gas augers

<< < (21/21)

gallitzinice:

--- Quote from: saphireblue99 on Mar 03, 2022, 10:43 PM --- 6 guys at Erie we average  125+ holes a trip. Lot less weight with the electric, but maybe they will keep improving the amp hour capacity on the battery. Just cant go there yet

--- End quote ---

Where and how you fish does have something to do with what kind of auger set-up you need.  I paired a Milwaukee Fuel drill with a Clam plate and my 8" Strikemaster Lazer this year and have been amazed at the results.  Read many posts how an 8-inch auger won't work well with a Clam plate set-up, but it's been great for me.  Then again, I'm fishing in Southwest PA where a foot of ice is a lot anymore and even when I'm moving a lot seldom drill more than 30 holes.  I did drill close to 50 one day in nine inches just to work it out and still had juice in my 5 amp battery with another tucked away in my sled in reserve.  I doubt that I'll ever use the second battery.  I wouldn't want to blow in all the holes for a big group running tip-ups in thick ice though; might not be so good for the drill.  When I do drill a good many holes, they're spaced out over the course of a day. 

ice dawg:
Drilled about 30 holes in 25" of ice last weekend with my Strikemaster/Honda 4 stroke. Might have used a cup and a half of gas. Started with two short pulls the first time and one pull the rest of the day. Drilled all over a lake until we struck perch.

jarhead:
That cup and a half of gas maybe by next year will cost you who know maybe more than the drill LOL Just Kiddin!!

ice dawg:

--- Quote from: jarhead on Mar 04, 2022, 01:22 PM ---That cup and a half of gas maybe by next year will cost you who know maybe more than the drill LOL Just Kiddin!!

--- End quote ---
   ;D I think it takes more gas to start my Triton V10 than my auger burns in a day. Good thing I have good fishing fairly close to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version