The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Mid winter LULL  (Read 1627 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
The Mid winter LULL
« on: Jan 30, 2022, 09:18 PM »
Every report I’ve seen from all around the state, on all different bodies of water has been the same…SLOW.

Falling berometer getting us all? Something else? What says you?
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: The Mid winter LULL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2022, 07:39 AM »
I do believe the falling and rising barometer does affect the fish. We'll be heading back up your way on Thursday during a rising pressure, so let's hope whatever it is the fish do a 180 and bite every thing I put down. I'll let you know where we end up and maybe we'll see you out there.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2022, 01:29 PM »
I have seen a few mid winter lulls but I do not think it is because of the weather or anything I just do not move around much as while I had a bad day out on the lake another guy said the lake was on fire and caught lots of walleye. Just think it might be the location and where the fish are active or not, at least on the boat if I am not catching here I pick up and move, not as easy while ice fishing with the wife and kids hate picking up 12 to 24 lines and then move and try and set up again. But will see how boysen treats me this weekend hopefully and try a spot to see if fish are active or not.

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2022, 02:40 PM »
I have had the same experience this season (with the exception of a few stellar hours on 2 trips to Boysen).  I am not a huge believer in the high/low pressure theories.  I have had too many stellar days when it is supposed to be bad fishing, and the opposite when it is supposed to be good.  But I do believe the constantly sunny, high pressure and unchanging conditions we have had most of January are affecting the bite.  Moving a ton and changing presentations has not helped, and we are marking fish, they just are not active....

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2022, 03:05 PM »
I'd like to think that something affects the fish, because as it comes to anything not trout i feel like they turn on and off based on something.  Whether its the barometer, or the moon phases, or any other reason idk.  I do have buddies that can still keep catching walleye during these slow times while I just watch them watch my offering and swim away...but they still have to work hard for a few fish too. 

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2022, 11:46 AM »
It sure feels great when you’re one of the few who are catching fish while others are struggling. Have to be mindful of that and not take it for granted when it is happening!

It just seems the last 2-3 weeks there wasn’t hardly anything for a GREAT report Either on the reports and conditions board or Facebook. Surely some guys found the key to success and kept it hush hush, but I’d like to think I know a lot of very good fisherman and everyone was struggling.
Trent Williams

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2022, 12:03 PM »
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=388177.0

I guess were using the wrong bait! This just across the board from Newcastle Wy.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2022, 12:23 PM »
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=388177.0

I guess were using the wrong bait! This just across the board from Newcastle Wy.

HA! Well there you go. I should know better than to leave the house without hotdogs.
Trent Williams

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2022, 04:15 PM »
HA! Well there you go. I should know better than to leave the house without hotdogs.

I had hot dogs with me in Boysen but all I did was eat them not put them down the hole.......next time I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.