Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

The Gorge Burbot Bash conditions

(1/3) > >>

Duckbutter:
Hello, and thanks for any info in advance.  I have participated in the burbot bash, and the now defunct burbot classic which I loved, a number of times in the past, and in years with poor ice conditions where most people are jam packed north of Buckboard, mainly north of the confluence,  I really haven't enjoyed fishing shoulder to shoulder and the fishing has been less than ideal.

This year I will be fishing with my young kids, (8, 10, 11) and since there isn't a kid competition we have zero chance actually competing, so not doing the tournament and messing with the weigh ins.  That said, any recent reports of the ice extending south, at least south through Big Bend to the Skunk Cliffs?  That would at least spread the crowds enough to thin the herd.  Further south to Middle Marsh Creek would even be icing on the cake.  With all the traffic associated with the bash, if there isn't enough hard cap it won't be worth it for us to pull the kids from school early and drive up from Colorado. 

Once again, thanks for the advice and tight lines.

POk3s:
Duck,

We have had high winds this week which knocked us backwards a bit. There is some ribboning of ice from just south of confluence through big bend but nothing is locked up besides the back of some coves. With that said we’re supposed to have lows near 0 the next few days, but I just don’t know if that will do any good. Otherwise, the only game in town is really just confluence and north.

Duckbutter:
That is what I was afraid of.  We may hit  Fish Lake or Blue Mesa instead, thanks for the info!

For all those that are participating, good luck and stay safe.  I don't want to hear about someone falling through or getting nailed by gas exhaust this year.

All I want are two weeks of record cold every December.  Is that really too much to ask?

POk3s:

--- Quote from: Duckbutter on Jan 25, 2022, 01:24 PM ---That is what I was afraid of.  We may hit  Fish Lake or Blue Mesa instead, thanks for the info!

For all those that are participating, good luck and stay safe.  I don't want to hear about someone falling through or getting nailed by gas exhaust this year.

All I want are two weeks of record cold every December.  Is that really too much to ask?

--- End quote ---

I think that is the safest bet and  I’m with you, I just pray for safety. Too many bad decisions in these derbies!

appleye:

--- Quote from: POk3s on Jan 26, 2022, 03:07 PM ---I think that is the safest bet and  I’m with you, I just pray for safety. Too many bad decisions in these derbies!

--- End quote ---

I know guys that will sleep on the ice not knowing if there heater is going to work!  ::)   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version