The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 18835 times)

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #150 on: Feb 06, 2022, 03:22 PM »
Out by church. Spotting fish, nothing biting. 4 inches of frozen slush onto. Bout 9 inches clear I'd say
: )

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #151 on: Feb 06, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Fished from McDaniels today. 20FOW, many lookers, fair amount of takers. Mostly bluegills, few perch and one crappie. Drag wasn't bad at all. I'd guess around 10 or 12 inches of ice total.
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline icevin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Feb 07, 2022, 11:10 AM »
Test

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #153 on: Feb 07, 2022, 12:07 PM »
any current ice conditions on muddy creek?

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Feb 07, 2022, 09:54 PM »
I'd imaging 9+ clear ice with 3-4 inches of frozen slush on top. That's about what it was in Shannon's and near church

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #155 on: Feb 08, 2022, 08:37 PM »
thank you mknott . i fished the dead end road on muddy creek today . got there around 7 and left around 11:30
ice was firm again everything was frozen and solid. ice was around 10 inches .
fishing was slow caught 4 gills 1real nice one and a dink perch.
had 4 flags go off :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: 3 with fatheads and 1 shiner . but no fish? probably small perch ?
wind was strong and just a little snow . there was no one at all in the muddy creek area of the lake. one hub across from church
that i could see. some people showed up as i was leaving .
all in all it was a pleasure to be out and even catch a couple .
have fun and be safe

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Feb 08, 2022, 11:37 PM »
sounds good. Only caught 1 gill, 1 tiny crappie and a perch sunday night. Can't seem to find the crappie this year

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Feb 09, 2022, 03:55 PM »
that seems to be the case everywhere, lots of dinks

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #158 on: Feb 11, 2022, 06:35 AM »

Been fishing pretty consistently weekly with a pile of dinks and few keeper crappies. Have also been pulling some decent perch as of late most females filled with eggs.  All of which have been thrown back to be caught again.  Forecasted future Weathers looking like the fat lady has started to sing her song

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Feb 11, 2022, 08:06 PM »
That perch is bigger than most that I have seen in  Erie so far.

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #160 on: Feb 12, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Fished out from McDaniels last night. Moved around several depths, marked very few fish and caught one. No shortage of wind or water. Edge at the ramp was starting to get soft when I came off around 10. Use caution when you're on the ice. The weather this week doesn't look too great for the ice. Stay safe everyone

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Feb 15, 2022, 09:24 AM »
Advise needed!
Hoping to go to McDaniel's area once more. Options are tomorrow evening (Wednesday 16th). Or wait until Sunday 20th.
I guess the concern is will shores hold strong through upcoming Wed/Thurs heat and rain?

Offline rabbitslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #162 on: Feb 15, 2022, 03:42 PM »
Just my 2 pennies worth here:  I took tomorrow afternoon off to go one last time.  After that, I’m putting everything away til next year.    It isn’t worth it to me.  The warm temps don’t concern me as much as 3/4” of rain Thursday does.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Feb 15, 2022, 07:51 PM »
I was standing on 12 inches of ice today just saying

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Feb 15, 2022, 08:17 PM »
I agree,..the nights are still below freezing,..some shore may go away,..depending on different areas and run off..
Conneaut had 13" today.. while I was fishing today..

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #165 on: Feb 16, 2022, 01:07 PM »
Today is Wednesday then it is back into the low 20's Thursdays into Friday then into the teens for Saturday.  Then back up and back down in a few days.  We'll have ice for a little while.  We are at that time of the year where it is shot lived and you'll have to pay attention to it.  If it is not right for you that is okay too.       

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Feb 17, 2022, 09:57 AM »
I fished last night until 8Pm.  There were areas with enough water on top that the jet sled floated as I walked.  When I left the shore lines were still good.  We got and are getting a pile of rain now that we did not have then.  The cracks were starting to open up a bit.  Last night there was still plenty of good ice.  The shore lines are gong to get tricky.   

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #167 on: Feb 18, 2022, 08:05 AM »
I posted this in the conditions page.  In case you do not check both here you go if you do save yourself some time and skip this post.

I fished last night until 7PM.  The ice was different from last night.  Large volumes of water on top looking for any place to go.  The shore ice was different from the time I got on until the time I pulled off.  The lake is/was rising and the shore ice is pulling away.  As I came up to boat ramp there was a LARGE volume of water running into the lake.  It rained harder for a greater period of time after I left than while I was there.  The local creeks are RAGING over the banks.   

I fished the main lake, 20-25 FOW.  There was 6" off good clear ice when I left.  I had a buddy out there most of the day he cover a good area running and gunning drilling holes searching.  The ice was the same all over.  There were some cracks that were separating for sure.  There were some areas with air buddle in the ice that the water melted through and was just starting to make those areas look like swiss cheese.  There were holes in the ice in area as large as a steering wheel on your truck.  There were a few holes larger than that.  When I left it was so foggy you could only see a few feet so I split.  Again there was a solid 6" of clear ice but you had to watch.  This was on the main body of the lake I did not check bays/coves. 

It is snowing now and we got this cold snap.  Areas are going to skim over and turn gray, have snow mixed in and be difficult to see.  Lake still has to be coming up.  Shore line, water levels, holes opening etc. changed pretty decent amount from the time I was there to the time I left.   

If anyone finds a small container with #5 ripping raps possibly a few spro Jr's they are this guys....  Hook a brother up.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #168 on: Feb 18, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Thanks snapper

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Feb 18, 2022, 09:48 AM »
I did not fish the days they could have more ice and be in better shape.  There was a solid 6" of good clear ice where I was when I left.   

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #170 on: Feb 18, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Fished today in one of the bays.  Where I was there was still 10" of ice.  Most places I checked, the shore ice is way too weak to walk on.  At least 6 ft of weak ice to cross from what I saw.  If you fish tomorrow you will def need a plank...  Good luck!

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #171 on: Feb 19, 2022, 01:09 PM »
Insanely windy out there today... Bring a shack if you venture out

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #172 on: Feb 19, 2022, 01:32 PM »
It certainly is windy. Stopped to check the edges in a few spots. Dead end parking lot on Muddy Creek is almost a no-go. Maybe 6 or 7 feet of water and slush until the ice. 528 boat launch is ok, few feet of slush. Just keep an eye so you don't find yourself stuck. Church road was accessible. 5ish feet of slop, but someone had a board set up. Not sure if they are planning on leaving for everyone. McDaniels was also accessible. Few feet of slush. If you have knee boot or waders you can get right on. Didn't fish myself but there were a handful of people in each area. Be careful when you are out. Weather doesn't look good, especially Tuesday.

Offline ticktoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #173 on: Feb 19, 2022, 06:41 PM »
Took my son out last week for the first time forgot to post pictures

Offline copendirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #174 on: Feb 20, 2022, 06:38 PM »
Went to Shannon this morning somebody was nice enough too have a board out   6 feet of edge is questionable still 9 inches on lake as of930  this morning. 

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Feb 20, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Nice pics Ticktoc!

Offline Jawripper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #176 on: Feb 23, 2022, 02:25 PM »
I went out on Monday from Mcdanel's boat launch.  The shore was not passable but you could walk out off the dock onto thick ice.  You likely need planks now.

The ice was 8 inches thick where I was.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #177 on: Feb 23, 2022, 02:27 PM »
I wonder if these cold nights will shore up the edges?  Probably not enough

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.