The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: State Park passes/ ATV for next year  (Read 8676 times)

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
State Park passes/ ATV for next year
« on: Dec 27, 2020, 10:51 AM »
Just a reminder state park passes and atv sticker expire next weekend.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: State Park passes/ ATV for next year
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2020, 10:58 AM »
 :) Yeah' and isn't there a price hike for 2021?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2020, 11:04 AM »
Yes there is. Evidently when you limit how people use things there’s a drop in revenue. Strange.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2020, 11:23 AM »
 >:(  It would be nice if a three year option was available like for boat registration. That comes up for me this year and the price hike there isn't nice either!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Tried to go and buy mine before the price hike but they do not have the stickers out to the vendors yet. Last time I tried online I could not get my second vehicle stickers.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2020, 08:23 PM »
I have been trying to get mine also, the store said they have not had any input from the state at all and usually have had the passes by the first week of December.  Interesting 1 park ranger looked at my orv sticker and said nothing, another gave me static for not having a pass on my new side by side and said he does not care about orv stickers or licence plates just the passes.  When i said i could not get a new one said not his problem i would have to buy the day passes.   
olefish

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2020, 09:50 PM »
As crappy as it is.  Go to thier website.   I ordered them all online.  Cost me $139. For day, camping and a orv sticker.

I ordered them.  They didn't show up before we left.   I got a printed receipt.   Not my problem if the state can't get the passes out to purchase locally.

The I got my boat registration, that went up too!
Don

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:51 AM »
 :). Hope they put some of the funds back into the state park systems in terms of making camping, fish cleaning stations, docks, and shelter/picnic area improvements. The lake traffic is putting a demand on park resources more and more. 

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Too bad the parks did not get in on the money everyone spent on the reservations that a 3rd party got all summer long. They would not need the increase in that case as that company walked to the bank laughing.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Just found out that they also discontinued the early bird special this year.
olefish

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:45 PM »
Annual camping permits increased by $30.00!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2020, 10:16 PM »
Just found out that they also discontinued the early bird special this year.

When. I called the state parks number she told me they were still doing the early bird passes.   Supposed to be $48 without it.  42.00 with the early bird discount.
Don

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:35 PM »
So just went to the web sigh, created an account (I think I had an account but...) entered all my information, then added to cart but wait, enter all the information again for each item. WTHeck! Did bass pro design this wed sight too. 30 minutes later I’m on my Mary way!m
I want my 30 minutes back!

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:58 PM »
When. I called the state parks number she told me they were still doing the early bird passes.   Supposed to be $48 without it.  42.00 with the early bird discount.
  Good to know Fast lane staff in Shoshoni was who told me no more early bird so i will make sure they know. 
olefish

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2020, 09:51 AM »
This sounded like something I better do at work!  ;D

Got mine!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2020, 10:57 AM »
 :( Hmmm...... No wonder Greyrocks is so darn crowded! For the two times I was able to use State Parks last year it seems a bit expensive. But I always believe that THIS year will be the year I get out more! So, I'll pay up and try to get out more. Wondering how Wyoming compares to our neighbors (South Dak. Utah, Montana, etc) for resident prices.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:43 AM »
This sounded like something I better do at work!  ;D

Got mine!

That's what I should have done!

Offline akaakira

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:57 PM »
I checked the State Parks website today (Dec 31) to check pricing, and it shows the early bird day use for resident at $34 still.  However it is only in effect from January 1, so I didn't buy it today... Is the website info incorrect?

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2021, 12:18 AM »
I checked the State Parks website today (Dec 31) to check pricing, and it shows the early bird day use for resident at $34 still.  However it is only in effect from January 1, so I didn't buy it today... Is the website info incorrect?
Early bird price is $42.00 this year. I just got mine in the mail today. Everything went up in price for 2021.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2021, 11:45 AM »
Wish that you could get the second vehicle tags as well off the website. Sucks if I want them I have to drive around and find a place and have the proof of purchase with me. Maybe my normal place will have them when I get into town in a couple weeks.

Just read the new fees 7 dollars a day plus 10 a night so if you stay one night for one vehicle that is 24 for that visit. Used to be if you went and got a tag from the box the camping included the day use fee for the two days.  I think this is getting out of hand for the fees they are charging and nothing  happening with things at the park except for more things closed off and things falling apart in areas. Just my rant for the day.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2021, 09:27 PM »
Wish that you could get the second vehicle tags as well off the website. Sucks if I want them I have to drive around and find a place and have the proof of purchase with me. Maybe my normal place will have them when I get into town in a couple weeks.

Just read the new fees 7 dollars a day plus 10 a night so if you stay one night for one vehicle that is 24 for that visit. Used to be if you went and got a tag from the box the camping included the day use fee for the two days.  I think this is getting out of hand for the fees they are charging and nothing  happening with things at the park except for more things closed off and things falling apart in areas. Just my rant for the day.

I think the boat fees went up as well.

And they are talking about raising registration and driver license fees again.
Don

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2021, 06:49 AM »
      A few years ago I got my Wyoming "Old Fart's" license. It's a wonderful thing the Game and Fish does for those of us who have been here for thirty or more years and have reached the age of sixty five. So, how does a person (or a group of like minded persons) go about having a bill introduced to the State Legislature that would allow the State to consider a similar thing regarding a State Parks entry and camping permit. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me that have stuck with Wyoming through thick and thin and now in our "senior years" sometimes struggle to find the financial resources to enjoy the wonderful Parks and Historical places in the state we have chosen to work and raise our families in for decades. Any of you folks fish with a legislator? Just an idea and hope this doesn't meet the criteria for being "political" ;)Thanks all! Have a happy New Year!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:30 AM »
I bought my lifetime small game bird fishing and conservation stamp love that the game and fish do this for us as well. Wish there were more lifetime stamps but I will keep suggesting those everytime I give feedback to the fish and game. Just like for the forest service and the closing of roads that have been in for 30 plus years what a bunch of crap. I thought there was a deal out there for seniors but maybe I am just thinking of the national parks.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2021, 11:59 AM »
     Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any State Of Wyoming recognition State Parks wise for seniors. Kudos to the Game and Fish for having lifetime licenses and conservation stamps available. I bought life time fishing licenses for my great niece and nephew when they turned about 12. I mean, really, where can you get a kid something that's gonna last them the rest of their life? The "Pioneer" license has undergone several iterations since it's inception in (I think) 1973 by the efforts former legislator Dick Sadler of Casper (Thanks Dick!!!!) and I for one will be grateful for the results of these efforts to the end of my days. What would it take for one of our State Legislators to help our State Parks and Cultural Resources folks recognize the contributions of pioneering seniors to our great state? Any ideas?  Thanks all! Save a guppie! Catch a whale!!!

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2021, 12:07 PM »
     Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any State Of Wyoming recognition State Parks wise for seniors. Kudos to the Game and Fish for having lifetime licenses and conservation stamps available. I bought life time fishing licenses for my great niece and nephew when they turned about 12. I mean, really, where can you get a kid something that's gonna last them the rest of their life? The "Pioneer" license has undergone several iterations since it's inception in (I think) 1973 by the efforts former legislator Dick Sadler of Casper (Thanks Dick!!!!) and I for one will be grateful for the results of these efforts to the end of my days. What would it take for one of our State Legislators to help our State Parks and Cultural Resources folks recognize the contributions of pioneering seniors to our great state? Any ideas?  Thanks all! Save a guppie! Catch a whale!!!
today is first time in 45 years i didn't have to spend money on a new fishing licence! (old fart)
Thread killer

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2021, 12:18 PM »
 ;D Congrats WYIfish :clap:

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2021, 12:30 PM »
I always purchase an annual state park pass and sometimes an annual camping pass. However, with such an increase in price and now having to make reservations, I may not purchase a camping pass this year. Does anyone know if you can park in "camping areas" during the winter if you only have the annual daily pass? At certain reservoirs, I have parked in camping areas to access the reservoirs but I have also had an annual camping pass in the past. Has anyone ever had a problem with park rangers?

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:23 PM »
If you are parked on the state park grounds after dark they require you to have a camping pass also.  A friend was contacted at 7 pm and made to purchase a camping pass even though he was not in a camping area and was getting ready to leave for the night.  He was told that even though he was not camping overnight he was staying after daylight hours so he had to purchase camping pass.  Clear as mud
olefish

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:38 PM »
I was always told that if you stay past the quite hours of 10 pm that you were required to have the camping permit. Guess they are just making up their rules now on their own. Will have to see if I can find the rules book and refresh my knowledge of the rules. I have the game and fish rule book and need to get the new one to just have to look things up. Still not sure on the sleeping thing that is going around for fishing. Attendance has many definitions and interpretation that can go around.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:46 PM »
J in the picture says the 10 pm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.