Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Your best tip/ Must have equipment

<< < (7/10) > >>

appleye:
So I post this almost every year for a long time. so your best tip and or equipment.

This years tip is keep it simple. Every year I buy tons of new stuff and most sit until I'm in the boat and go oh crap! Know what your confidence lures are and have those rigged and ready and play with stuff when nothing is going on. If it looks good try it on prime time with the tried and true. Next, buy good equipment the first time. Cold is hard on stuff and cheap stuff breaks.

Good luck and looking forward to the tips!

dubob:
K I S S works almost every time it's tried.

jakediesel1:
I really like the new Ice Braid by suffix. They have a multi colored glacier blue that seems to almost dissapear under water. Plus I used it in 20 degree weather outside of my hut all day and never froze up.

SLAYERFISH:
I gave up using braid in the cold, especially when the sun goes down for prime time it starts icing up and becomes a major hassle.  I've switched to straight Florocarbon.  Almost as sensitive as braid and never freezes! ;D

skifisher:
A case for your rods and reels. I carry 4-6, rigged and ready to go with my most popular and trusted jigs/spoons etc. Bait pucks, one for waxies, and one for mealworms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version