Author Topic: 6 hours  (Read 4759 times)

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
6 hours
« on: Apr 04, 2020, 06:58 PM »
And nothing to show for it.  1 3 second nibble.
Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 6 hours
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2020, 10:12 AM »
Better day on the 5th.  22 pea mouth chub and squaw fish for the eagle.  And 3 rainbow for lunch. 
Helping the eagle survive till ice off.  Having fun doing it.
Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Fishing has picked up here in N/W Ontario, walleye are biting pretty good and so are the crappie  Very typical for this time of the year until ice out.  I fed the eagles two racoons this last week, the second coon had 14 eagles flying around it, don't know where they all came from.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Fishing has picked up here in N/W Ontario, walleye are biting pretty good and so are the crappie  Very typical for this time of the year until ice out.  I fed the eagles two racoons this last week, the second coon had 14 eagles flying around it, don't know where they all came from.

I didn't think that raccoons lived that far north.  We don't have any by my cabin.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2020, 12:44 PM »
They are not supposed to be here (theory is they came in train cars from the US), but there have been a few for at least the last 15 years from what I understand.  I shot the first one I ever saw here (in Canada) in 2008.  As you know, they can carry disease and cause damage when they find their way into buildings.  The ones that just met their untimely demise, seemed to like bird feeders.  A friend saw a dead armadillo along the road in Central Illinois 2 years ago, those are not supposed to be there either, I don't know how they made their way across the Mississippi/Ohio rivers, same as coyotes showed up down there in the early 70's, now they have all but displaced the red fox population.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2020, 01:01 PM »
With raccoons you can instantly tell they are up to no good - they wear masks. I suppose that if I saw an "innocent" raccoon without a mask I might not shoot, but every single one I have ever seen was masked and guilty.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline tigrr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2020, 06:53 PM »
3 hours in 30km winds and 3 bites.  One the hook caught the bottom of the hole and the laker swam away.  Ice may not be there in a few days.  I was watching white caps from my fishing hole.  I have to find a Scotty 1050 downrigger for my new boat.  4 rainbows in the last two days at another small lake.  LIG
Wishing I was Fishing.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2020, 12:29 PM »
watching white  caps from fishing hole- ya wind will usually eat up that ice quick on a warm day..
Must be a big lake. Most all lakes in northern bc still have 2 feet of ice.
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.