Author Topic: 2019 First Winter Ice Trip  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
2019 First Winter Ice Trip
« on: Nov 12, 2019, 10:04 PM »
According to my friend who lives in Elburn, all of his subdivision ponds are already iced over.  With the temps we're having, I'm hoping we'll have fishable (at least 3") ice by this weekend.  The ponds are all catch and release, but it will be fun to wet a line.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2019 First Winter Ice Trip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:56 AM »
I live 30 miles east of Elburn.  I would be shocked if there is safe ice anytime soon.   My weather app says air temp to be mid 30s by Friday. 

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:43 AM »
have a buddy who lives north of rockford with a small pond on their property.   he went out last night and looked and it was only 3/4".  with the worst of it behind, it would surprise me to see more than 2" anywhere in IL.  be safe. 

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2019, 03:01 PM »
Well...no ice fishing in Elburn tomorrow.  There are two inches of ice where we were going to fish, but, this damn warm sun has really softened up the pure, clear ice.  Oh well.... ice fishing in mid-November was too good to be true.  Better safe than sorry.  At least I had incentive to get the gear ready.  As I sit here I'm good to go when we do get ice.  It will take me 10 minutes to load the truck.

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ...if it's frozen drill it.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Watch the ice. For sure.
God does not count in man's allotted span, the days spent fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.