Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

Farm Pond Gills

<< < (3/4) > >>

crappeye:
Yep otters got in a buddy’s pond and killed everything in it. They just ate the heads off. Don’t take em long to clean out a pond.

Stickhick86:
I have never seen a wild otter in my life where I live.

Rugburn:
Had a similar situation in my pond yesterday. Vexilar was going bonkers and not one bite. My wife looks into the hole and sees these 1/2" long needle diameter larvae that must have hatched. The water column was filled with these and that must have been what was making the vex go nuts. We packed up figuring the fish had an all you can eat buffet going.

Kevin23:
Theres no place to hide in a 1/2 acre pond really. They are either up shallow (could be on the edges in a foot of water if the pond has low oxygen and there is fresh water entering) or they are down deep. If you drilled the entire pond and didn't mark any, i would guess fish kill.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: crappeye on Mar 03, 2019, 09:17 PM ---Yep otters got in a buddy’s pond and killed everything in it. They just ate the heads off. Don’t take em long to clean out a pond.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. Watched one go in and out of an old spearing hole about a half dozen times bringing out a fish each time... in less than 5 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version