Canada > Ice Fishing British Columbia

Cool Site!

(1/13) > >>

pitbell:
Hi guys,
this is the first web site I've found with fellow ice junkies from my neck of the woods! Terrygonefishing, and rayne its nice to here someone talking about familiar lakes. Cluculz is my personal faverate. I'm just starting to get to know the lake. Ive never caught any lakers but I did manage to land some nice ling last year. Terrygone fishing, your a bit of a ice fishing celebrity around these parts. I've worked at most of the outdoor shops in town and here your name alot. Just the other day I was talking with a couple of buddies of mine, C & D Schults, and they were talking about seeing "Terry" out at Cluculz alot. Then I stumble on this site! Small world. Anyway, I was out at Cluculz on new years. The lake is now frozen over but only a couple of inches right of shore. Any advice on this lake would rock. I've had my best luck off the southwest Island in 80ft of water in Feb. using glow in the dark jigs.

Skiff:
Hi Pitbell, welcome to the Ice Shanty!  Lot of good guys here, and a ton of info.  You'll enjoy it.  I'm from Manitoba, but will enjoy seeing pics of the fish you catch, they're probably different from the walleye and perch we get regularly.

TGF:
Heh pitbell. Welcome. Yes Cluculz lake is one of my golf courses. Just heard today that Cluculz froze over fully on Jan 1 and with all this cold weather I will probably drop a line there shortly. We fish camp lever in about 80 ft of h20. Are you talking about Petas Island. I think you must be cause there is only a few islands on cluculz.
Feb is an excellent time for ling there. Caught a 12lber there last year. Buddy caught a 14.2lber. I have only fished that area a few times with little luck but in feb it is good at most places for ling. Don't know if you fish "Baldwins" (lot 6 I think) but that seems to be a popular spot just off Lloyd drive. I just don't like the crowds so tend to go to lever, which is just off guest rd. We do catch lakers there. Lost a 30lb plus laker from that spot 2 yrs ago. Also get Kokanee and the odd rainbow.
Yes speaking of celebrities the schultz boys are known for being excellent salmon fishermen. I have icefished with them both. Very nice guys. Actually one of my fishing buddies is their uncle. He fishes full time unless it gets really cold. Which outdoor stores have you worked at. I'm sure I probably would know you. Are you going to the Kamloops derby? 10,000$$$.
Yes I like the glow in the darks and fish into the dark. One if my favorites is a fire eye jig tipped with squid tentacles. Why don't you contact your buddies (Schultz boys) and get them to call their uncle and we can arrange a get together on a local lake. Probably cluculz. Good luck and welcome, there is not many icers in PG.

pitbell:
I'm definitely game for an outing. I'll talk to the brothers probably some time today. Is cluculz worth fishing this time of year for ling? We don't do well until Feb. But it does not stop me from going out! I'm a bit of a ling fanatic. Do the ling move shallow in Cluculz in Feb like most lakes? I've only done well (which for me is 2-3 ling a day) in 80 to 100 ft. I would like to find where they spawn. Tried eaglet a few times. Caught a few but they are small. West lake has some better fish but I've never caught them jigging, just set lining. I've herd that Purdon can be good. It's a big lake though and I don't know where to go. We'll definitely have to all get together and go get cold somewhere. We're a dying breed us ice fisherman!
Talk to you soon.

TGF:
Heh again pitbell. Cluculz lake can be slow this time of year. Ling fanatic, well I have to meet you. It is one of my favorite fish. "Purden is good for ling", ya right... :cookoo: We are going there on thursday to fish an offshore hump that I have marked on my GPS... to see if we can snag one of the few ling there ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 Get in touch with the bros and we can arrange a spot. Purden would be good on the weekend??? I work friday night though so would have to fish sat evening.
Talk soon
Terry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version