Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

Whats a keeper?

<< < (3/13) > >>

Van_Cleaver:
I usually look for 8'', but as mentioned above your limit has to be in relation to the water you are fishing. I also like to release some of the biggest fish for the future. Let go a 10'' the other day cause I already had the two meals I wanted. If you keep letting big ones go, you can bet there will be some bigger ones next year.

vexaholic:
8 to 9 inchers and I agree with putting those over 9 back in the lake.

Cedar2RTO:
Kept 2 about the size of my hand last night. I actually got more meat off of them than I thought I would. Anything smaller I through back.
I've never kept them before so I think I'll go with the hand rule in the future.

What are the benefits of keeping larger than 7" but less than 10"? ???

Michaelo:
Well when I pull them out of the hole and grab them if I can touch my thumb and middle finger together they go back If I can't touch I keep them depending on how I'm doing that day. But one thing that makes me mad is people who keep 5 inchers walked past a guy yesterday that had about 20 of them laying by him.

kb:

--- Quote from: Cedar2RTO on Dec 29, 2010, 09:21 AM ---Kept 2 about the size of my hand last night. I actually got more meat off of them than I thought I would. Anything smaller I through back.
I've never kept them before so I think I'll go with the hand rule in the future.

What are the benefits of keeping larger than 7" but less than 10"? ???

--- End quote ---

Breeding stock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version