Author Topic: Yukon Burbot  (Read 2328 times)

Offline yukonman

• IceShanty Rookie
Yukon Burbot
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Anybody fish for Burbot in the Whitehorse area? We've been using overnight set lines (we're allowed a whopping 10 each) overnight, and have had limited luck. I'm defiinitely going to try Jake's glow jig suggestions, but was wondering if anyone knew of good lakes in the area. . . .

Thanks,

yukonman 8)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Yukon Burbot
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:33 PM »
Fished in Atlin lake a few years back and had good luck on the south shore but of course you are closer to the north shore. I just have never tried it on the north side. Good luck Yukonman. ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Yukon Burbot
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2004, 06:40 AM »
Just a question for ya Yukon ..When you set the Nite lines out was the bait at least missing In the morning? Because Iv'e fished Ling at nite and I fell asleep 2 times once while fishing for them and both times my two lines with Bait were both missing the bait...Who knows how long each time but they can be quite the sneeky lil thieves when they want to be..Anyhow was just curious as to the Set lines if they are missing the bait or not...And yes iv'e found Jakes Way alot better for Ling. Tight Lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.