Author Topic: Last Night's Burbot  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Last Night's Burbot
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Hey all, I'm tired as heck today but last night was worth it.  Now Jake I'm not trying to move in on your action, you are still the Burbot king ;D  Just thought some folks might enjoy these pics...

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Last Night's Burbot
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Heh Trevor, nice fish. Good to see that you are able to catch bigger than 4lb ling in Alberta. (I'm assuming you are fishing in the province that you are registered in) Friend in NewSarepta told me that he hadn't heard of bigger than 4lb ling in Alberta. He doesn't get out much though. What % still had eggs or full sacs???

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Heh Trevor, nice fish. Good to see that you are able to catch bigger than 4lb ling in Alberta. (I'm assuming you are fishing in the province that you are registered in) Friend in NewSarepta told me that he hadn't heard of bigger than 4lb ling in Alberta. He doesn't get out much though. What % still had eggs or full sacs???

Terry, we were definitely not fishing in AB, and no, there are no ling over
4lb's in AB ;)  ;D

Almost all the males and females were full.  Nasty stuff is all over the inside of my shanty now.  Made it tough for me to enjoy my 11:00pm sandwich >:(

Trevor

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Its a good thing you were not fishing with Mr Germ. Yes the inside of your shack would be full of his mess too. He hopes to catch some fish even half as big as yours.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Great catch how were you fishing for them ?

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2004, 10:02 PM »
Great catch how were you fishing for them ?

We were in 28'.  Fishing flats along a sunken point that drop gradually into the 80' main basin.

They were hitting hard on jigging raps and jiggin shads tipped with a minnow head.  Seemed to prefer some orange in the lure.  After a while I switched up to a 3/8 oz Buckshot rattle spoon(orange) tipped with a shiner.  Action got even hotter.  They couldn't resist it.  We had deadsticks set as well but pulled them out after a while as they were just an inconvenience to tend to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.