Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Eelpout

spawn time

<< < (4/4)

TGF:
Sorry for the delay in replying Germ. I went out on an overnight trip for ling. Did catch and release 33. The biggest was 12.5lbs but the majority were 4-6lbs. Please don't take off the gauntlets. Concentrate more on catching a respectable sized ling. I think when you look back over your accomplishments this summer you would be much happier. I personally would like to see you improve the size of ling you are catching. I'm sure you can do it ;) Please send me a private/personal message for all that I missed. Sounds like it was good if it had to be modified or erased.

Barleydog:
Not tooo sure Tyler?  Seems like maybe 3 weeks or so.... Don't even know if many biologists have taken the time to research the mighty burbot?  They certainly don't release much for information here in Alaska.

fishermanjake:
they do if you can get ahold of their studies...they said that they spawn here from early jan to mid feb...there was one they did on winter patterns of fish in glacial rivers...had a ton of info on the burbot they tagged, where they were at certain times of year...it was cool, i learned alot...should have saved it on my favorites

LoveIce:
jake you just jig for cusk or set out tip ups to

fishermanjake:
i use to set sets and tipups, but they are a hassel when they are hitting good, especially at pick up, so i have been jigging for the most part... i think this season i have only caught 2 on tipups, all the rest on jigs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version